Recovering Videos from a Galaxy 3

A

AC Question

After I upgraded to a Galaxy 5, I kept my Galaxy 3 to use just as a digital camera. Well, I had a group of videos that I transferred over to my computer via USB connection. Then to make more space on my phone for more videos, I deleted the videos from the phone by dragging them to the recycle bin on my Windows XP computer. Well, I discovered that I accidentally deleted them from my computer as well. I have run several data recovery programs like Recuva on my computer but was only able to recover a few of the videos. So then I thought that I would just simply run a recovery program like Wondershare on my Galaxy to recover the rest. Well, after several attempts, I am having the same problem. None of the videos that Wondershare and similar programs find are MY recorded videos. These programs find all kinds of other videos like commercials and FB videos that I watched, but none of them are the videos I recorded. I know this because the ones that I recorded were about 2-3 minutes long each, thus well over 150-200 MB in size. None of the videos that the recovery software found was over 40 or 50 MB. And I found it odd that none of these programs seemed to be able to even find ANY of my recorded videos...only stuff from advertisements and clips from ESPN! What is so odd is that for the last 10 months, the only use that the phone has gotten has been AS a camera. In other words, if anything would be on the hard drive, it SHOULD be the videos I made because they were the last things that I recorded. I don't even have the WiFi on. Does anyone have any ideas about how I could go about getting my videos back or why programs like Wondershare are only finding junk?

joeljunkie

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
Yes, I read that article, but unfortunately Diskdigger will not work for me since my Galaxy 3 does not have access to the Play Store. I only use it as a camera so it doesn't have a Simcard or any other way of connecting to service.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781