My phone won't connect to my computer?

A

AC Question

So, admittedly, I'm new to this particular version of Android and my previous phone was the S4 Active, so maybe I'm doing something wrong. But I've connected it to my computer (which is Windows) in the hopes of transferring my music over to my new phone. But, it won't even show up. Nope. Tried the cord with my S4 and it connected just fine, but it won't even show up with the S6 Active.

pvthomas

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi!
When your phone is connected to the computer, try swiping down from the top of the screen and see if there is a notification that says "USB for charging" or "USB for file transfer" or "USB for photo transfer". If there is that notification click on it and select the " File Transfer (MTP)" option. Your computer should recognize the phone now.
If that doesn't work, can you let me know what phone you have and what version of Android its running?

Posted via the Android Central App

pvthomas

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi, Sorry for taking so long to respond...

Try the following (if you already have developer options enabled please proceed to step #2

1) Go to settings>general>about device>scroll down to build number and tap the build number about 10 times or until a notification appears that you are now a developer
2) back out by one page and scroll to the bottom. You should now see the developer options button. Click on developer options.
3)Please be careful to not change any settings that you don't know what they do
4)Scroll down to the "select USB configuration" and select MTP
5)Hopefully transfer files to your phone

If that doesn't work... Could you plug your phone into your computer, swipe down from the top of the screen into your notifications tray, take a screen shot and then attatch it to your reply?

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited: