I do not mean 'google apps' (IE gmail, etc) I mean, in android 6, the app 'google'

I ask this because twice now, I have disabled it and it will reboot device.

Now the nexus is stuck in an infinite boot loop (keeps getting to the 'optimizing apps' screen and each time the 'total' apps gets fewer and fewer, but it will keep rebooting when it gets 'done' (IE when it reaches app 35 out of 35, it will reboot, next time it'll be 25 apps, when it reaches 25, reboot, etc)

This started when I 'disabled' the 'google app' (After seeing it was eating up resources and I never use it) and the first time it did this, but came back normally (except the google app was once again enabled) so i attempted to disable a 2nd time. This caused the infinite boot loop which required me to factory reset it. (And as a test to see, I attempted the above RIGHT after rooting, with no extra files, and the same happened again)

Just to make it clear, the 'boot loop' isn't a full reboot, what it does is goes to the weird marshmallow colored dot animation (for about 10+ min) then goes to the 'optimizing apps' screen(of which as I said above, the number keeps getting lower and lower each time) and when its 'finished' it goes back to the dot animation for yet another 10-15 min. (I've let it sit now for 3 hours and its gone from 160ish apps first time, 50ish the 2nd, and since the number of apps it 'optimizes' goes down by 2-3)

Could someone check to see if the 'new' google app is a required part of the android OS now?

(Nexus 7 wifi model, currently on 6.0.1, and rooted - but trapped in boot-loop)
    12-13-2015 08:54 PM
    I am not sure but I will check with the ambassador team
    12-13-2015 10:02 PM