iOS Switch to Android Questions

A

AC Question

These questions are specifically geared towards iOS users who recently switched to Android. But obviously advice from anyone is welcome. I've been on iOS (from Nexus 5) since the iPhone 6 and now 6S. I really want to buy the Nexus 6p now that it's on sale but have some questions:

iOS gaming is buttery smooth. How are games like Vainglory on Android?

It drives me crazy that Android Doesn't seem to play videos in a browser correctly. On iOS if I go to a site like USA today, and an article has a video in it, that video automatically plays and the site fades away - if I tilt my screen to landscape, it automatically fills my screen. On android it seems to play within the confines of the web browser and you have to manually make it play full screen. It seems wonky to me now. Am I missing a setting or something? I've tried this on my wife's Gakaxy S6 and a 3rd Gen Moto G.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Gaming for me on high end devices has always been smooth (but I've never tried Vainglory).

You're not missing a setting--that's how embedded videos play in Chrome and other browsers. Perhaps it's a disadvantage if you don't want to make a couple of extra taps, but on the other hand, you might also want to watch the video at that same embedded size, so that you could continue to read the article it's embedded in.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma