MANY ISSUES after Security Patch level/ Android update in Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N9005) - December 2015

A

AC Question

I own an International Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005 with Android 5.0, Baseband version N9005DXUGBOK3. It is not rooted - all updates comes via OTA and I have never faced any issues before.

After the recent update request (December 2015) for the Android's Security Patch everything is wrong in my mobile:

1. Many apps are gone (e.g. Chrome, Waze, ES Explorer etc)
2. I cant access Play Store as I get "Google Play Services has stopped" message
3. My Google Account is also gone and I cant create a new one!

Here are the things I have tried so far:
1. Since Google Play Services was missing, I have installed it manually. I have also installed the Google Play apk (same version as a non updated GN3 device)
2. Tried to create my Google account manually, but the error message: "Unfurtunately, Google Play Store has stopped" comes out and I cant create it
3. Booted many times, with no results. Actually, after booting, I cant even see the Google logo under Settings > General > Accounts > Add Account

Do you guys have experienced these issues as well? If you have any advice, it will be much appreciated. Thanks!

Bogus X

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
I realized the issue was an incompatibility with Knox!

When I uninstalled it, all the missing apps unearthed from the ashes and everything was 95% alright (only missing Knox).

Since I wanted Knox, I decided to install it through the new "Smart Manager", which installed the My Knox app. BIG MISTAKE, that screwed up my mobile again and to make it worse, I couldnt uninstall it.

Long story short, I had to reset my mobile but now there are a many annoyances other than restoring Knox, apps, etc. For example:
1. Samsung Keyboard additional languages are not stored in the mobile: every time I restart it, I have to download the second language
2. Missing flashlight widget
3. Screenshot 2 key combination only takes the screenshot - it doesnt call the screen write app

I have never had an issue with any update before, but this one was a major annoyance. Samsung could have done a much better work before releasing this update.