Today I was on my phone when there was a pop-up saying that I have a virus. I closed it but it kept coming back, and it gave me a link to "an anti-virus program" but only led me to download link for FireFox. My phone's screen then started going fuzzy, there were grey lines going up and down my screen, and my phone was on about 16% but I got multiple notifications saying that my phone was charged to 100% and that I needed to unplug the charger (but I wasn't charging my phone in the first place). Next, I tried to download an anti-virus program but the Google Playstore app only said "Server Error" so I tried downloading one through the website version of Google Playstore but nothing worked. I have tried restarting my phone multiple times but the server error is still there and I'm really worried. Someone please tell me if I have some sort of virus or malware and please help!
    12-17-2015 02:25 PM
    Charge device and then boot into safe mode. If problem is gone, you have a rouge app.

Boot into recovery mode and wipe system cache. Reboot. If problem persists, back up needed data. Boot back into recovery mode and perform a factory reset. It's the easiest fix.

Note: Do not restore your phone via Google setup when prompted to, but set up as new device. This will ensure you do not restore the file/app that is causing issues.
    12-17-2015 03:12 PM