My Instagram photos won't save to my camera roll

A

AC Question

After I updated to the latest version of Instagram, the photos I upload on IG won't save to my phone gallery. I've tried everything. I've deleted the app and reinstalled it. I've cleared my cache. I've checked my settings on IG and they're set correctly. I'm going insane. Please help.

anon(9785393)

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. Tried with my same account on two different devices: LG G4 and Samsung S3. Neither one will save originals to the device. I have contected instagram through the bug-report feature three or four times. This has been happening since mid December. As far as I'm concerned the app is busted until this feature is fixed.

I'm in the same boat. Useless to me unless they fix it. The reversion to 7.7 works for me now. If I keep my phone off wifi, the version I have on my V10 doesn't auto-update. Pretty frustrating experience all around.

hayhayley

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site
As its been a month now and they can't give an estimated time on the update 'the fix'.
I have a inkling that they disabled this feature on purpose; that they are testing to see how well the app goes without it because they legitimately want to keep their filters and enhanced photographs exclusive to instagram.

I feel like we are the minority because most people are happy to just use the app and share to facebook.

anon(9785393)

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
As its been a month now and they can't give an estimated time on the update 'the fix'.
I have a inkling that they disabled this feature on purpose; that they are testing to see how well the app goes without it because they legitimately want to keep their filters and enhanced photographs exclusive to instagram.

I feel like we are the minority because most people are happy to just use the app and share to facebook.

If that is correct, I will no longer edit anything on Instagram. I will only post there. I don't think this is the case based on my discussions with contacts inside Instagram, but until we see a fix, we won't know.

NanySofia

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
If that is correct, I will no longer edit anything on Instagram. I will only post there. I don't think this is the case based on my discussions with contacts inside Instagram, but until we see a fix, we won't know.

I agree. I must say that since this started for me (a few months ago), I've never used any kind of editing from Instagram again.

Last edited:

hayhayley

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site
Wffwat this forum won't let me post any links but if you Google 'old version of instagram' there is an android version available on the first result. Not sure about versions for other devices though.

Zbombz thankyou for getting in touch with instagram and letting us know.

anon(9785393)

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
Wffwat this forum won't let me post any links but if you Google 'old version of instagram' there is an android version available on the first result. Not sure about versions for other devices though.

Zbombz thankyou for getting in touch with instagram and letting us know.

you're welcome! wish i could get the new release out faster...

Henam

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
It's really annoying but the same issue started with me, the new UPDATE of it is the one with the problem. Uninstall only the update when this happens. And every time IG updates automatically, the problem returns. So you will have to u install the update again. Annoying as hell. Hope this helps.

quijotenh

Oct 5, 2019
Visit site
Had the same problem on my iphone. After an hour of trying several different approaches, I sent it to myself as a close friend and from there I was able to save it to my camera videos. Hope this helps!