My Instagram photos won't save to my camera roll

A

AC Question

After I updated to the latest version of Instagram, the photos I upload on IG won't save to my phone gallery. I've tried everything. I've deleted the app and reinstalled it. I've cleared my cache. I've checked my settings on IG and they're set correctly. I'm going insane. Please help.

cbacc

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi, all --

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Note 5 and the latest version of Instagram. I have the "save original photos" feature enabled in my setting. However, like others in this thread, none of my photos are saving to my phone's photo gallery as I upload them to my Instagram account. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app but the problem still persists. I've also tried numerous times to contact Instagram but their "support" is mediocre -- they haven't even bothered to respond to any of my inquiries.

If anyone can offer some suggestions as to what the problem could be and how to go about fixing it, that'd be much appreciated!

Thank you.

chadharnish

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Add me to the list / Nexus 6P AND Nexus 9. Tried most every troubleshooting technique I can imagine. I have Google Photos backing up my Instagram folder, this is the only thing I could imagine may be affecting it?

Modamony

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem with my Samsung Note 5 and used the application manager to uninstall Instagram updates. This seemed to work and IG pics started saving to my camera again. Hopefully they get the updated version working correctly soon!

Ulala79

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
I've had the same issue with my HTC One phone and my Samsung tablet. Apparently it's a bug in the current update of Instagram. I've solved it by installing an older version of the application and making sure automatic updates don't take place. I've written to the developers. Let's see if they fix it.

hayhayley

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem since the update.
I un-installed instagram and googled "old versions of instagram" clicked on top result and re-download the most recent old version. Now photos are saving as normal again.

Killian M

Jan 1, 2016
Visit site
Having the same issue nothing has worked after trying everything. Also does anyone else have a problem recording video since the update for the new software 5.1.1. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 5 and I can't record video anymore either. Anyone else have these problems?

dezwald

Jan 1, 2016
Visit site
I believe Instagram has made some changes to their app regarding this issue. Prior, your filtered photos were saved your phone's photo library. Now, only the original copy of photos taken with the instagram app will only be saved. Not the filtered ones.

I use to upload photos to my phone from my camera or go pro and then upload them to instagram to I could add filters. I would then extract the filtered photos from my phone's photo library and put them back on my computer.

SierraCube

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi Melani, pls refer to feedback from hahayley 12-26-2015, 03:32 PM. It works for me after uninstalling IG. Then reinstalling "old versions of instagram" , try version 7.7.0, it saves both original photo and the filtered one to my phone gallery.

I had the same problem since the update.
I un-installed instagram and googled "old versions of instagram" clicked on top result and re-download the most recent old version. Now photos are saving as normal again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante