I posted a similar problem except didn't log into my account (lazy). I also sent multiple "fix it" to Instagram, Samsung, went through my phone files. I really don't care about all the photos. I could take a screenshot of them but there are a lot and it's not about the photos. It's about the overall performance from these services and features. This is my 3rd Galaxy S6 since it's release and I can't get rid of it until it's paid off, I wouldn't sell it because that would be taking advantage of other people in order to get what I want ( a different phone) and they can have a crappy phone. It's even factory reset itself! Lost my info, not much, don't back up to laptop of Google because they are worthless as well. I hate tech.
    01-08-2016 11:42 AM
    I now have a further problem with this instagram saga.

My LG V10 has instagram installed by default as part of the OS. So, the first step is to delete the updates to the baseline install. Then I found apk 7.7 and downloaded it. I also turned off auto-update apps within Play settings.

Now, the app that is part of the OS level is AUTOMATICALLY UPDATING ITSELF! This is contrary to my express settings in Play.

I am pretty infuriated by this functionality. Not only does updating it install the bugged version, but it seems like a severe violation of my rights to control my own phone and to introduce data security risks to my device without any ability on my part to control it.

I'm shocked that Google allows this. LG should remove this auto-update 'feature' immediately.
    01-08-2016 11:51 AM
    If you go into your appstore there should be an option somewhere to stop automatic updates.
    The old version of instagram was going well it's now starting to get a little glitchy - click on a photo and it opens the photo next to it, can't change profile photo, and now app is crashing randomly.
    Not sure how long this version will work for and hoping this isn't a permanent change for instagram!
    Please see my latest post. My Instagram on my V10 is auto-updating itself, contrary to my settings in the Play store. Pretty appalling to me!
    01-08-2016 11:52 AM
    I just bought an LG G4 on the 6th of Jan. and just started noticing this problem today when I posted on Instagram.
    01-08-2016 07:15 PM
    I just bought an LG G4 on the 6th of Jan. and just started noticing this problem today when I posted on Instagram.
    It's the latest Android Instagram. Uninstall and revert back to 7.7. I'm not sure if yours will autoupdate even if Play autoupdate is turned off. Mine does and it's infuriating.
    01-08-2016 07:18 PM
    I set up a tumblr account (which im not fussed about promoting) and linked instagram to it. Then after posting via instagram a quick visit to tumblr and easily download to my phone my filterd instagram pic. Little faffy but it'll do until instagram fix bug.
    01-11-2016 03:27 AM
    I set up a tumblr account (which im not fussed about promoting) and linked instagram to it. Then after posting via instagram a quick visit to tumblr and easily download to my phone my filterd instagram pic. Little faffy but it'll do until instagram fix bug.
    This is going to be much lower quality than what would be stored on your phone absent the bug, I believe.
    01-11-2016 10:49 AM
    how long do ya'll think it will take Instagram to fix this bug?
    01-11-2016 02:14 PM
    What a pain. C'mon Instagram, this is amateur hour.
    01-11-2016 05:20 PM
    I have a Nexus 5 and mine is doing the same thing. I use the app Regrann to save the Instagram pic then move it into my Instagram folder. My last auto saved photo seems to be Dec. 22. Must be when I finally updated.
    01-12-2016 01:43 AM
    Have a Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini and it's been a looong time since this started!
    01-12-2016 01:12 PM
    I got in touch with the IG team. They are aware of this bug and are going to fix on the next release. Stay tuned.
    "Thank God for that", I guess...
    01-12-2016 01:13 PM
    "Thank God for that", I guess...
    Unfortunately, no ETA on release for the fix. I hope it's soon though.
    01-12-2016 01:16 PM
    I'm in the same boat. Tried with my same account on two different devices: LG G4 and Samsung S3. Neither one will save originals to the device. I have contected instagram through the bug-report feature three or four times. This has been happening since mid December. As far as I'm concerned the app is busted until this feature is fixed.
    01-12-2016 03:13 PM
    GTK. I did the 7.7 fix and it seems to work. Wish I would have tried that in December. Thanks for the help!
    01-12-2016 03:21 PM
    I'm in the same boat. Tried with my same account on two different devices: LG G4 and Samsung S3. Neither one will save originals to the device. I have contected instagram through the bug-report feature three or four times. This has been happening since mid December. As far as I'm concerned the app is busted until this feature is fixed.
    I'm in the same boat. Useless to me unless they fix it. The reversion to 7.7 works for me now. If I keep my phone off wifi, the version I have on my V10 doesn't auto-update. Pretty frustrating experience all around.
    01-12-2016 03:50 PM
    As its been a month now and they can't give an estimated time on the update 'the fix'.
    I have a inkling that they disabled this feature on purpose; that they are testing to see how well the app goes without it because they legitimately want to keep their filters and enhanced photographs exclusive to instagram.

I feel like we are the minority because most people are happy to just use the app and share to facebook.
    01-12-2016 04:40 PM
    As its been a month now and they can't give an estimated time on the update 'the fix'.
    I have a inkling that they disabled this feature on purpose; that they are testing to see how well the app goes without it because they legitimately want to keep their filters and enhanced photographs exclusive to instagram.

I feel like we are the minority because most people are happy to just use the app and share to facebook.
    If that is correct, I will no longer edit anything on Instagram. I will only post there. I don't think this is the case based on my discussions with contacts inside Instagram, but until we see a fix, we won't know.
    01-12-2016 04:42 PM
    If that is correct, I will no longer edit anything on Instagram. I will only post there. I don't think this is the case based on my discussions with contacts inside Instagram, but until we see a fix, we won't know.
    I agree. I must say that since this started for me (a few months ago), I've never used any kind of editing from Instagram again.
    01-12-2016 05:25 PM
    where can I find the 7.7 version of Instagram at?
    01-12-2016 08:12 PM
    Wffwat this forum won't let me post any links but if you Google 'old version of instagram' there is an android version available on the first result. Not sure about versions for other devices though.

Zbombz thankyou for getting in touch with instagram and letting us know.
    01-14-2016 09:34 AM
    coolness...thank you. How has the older version being working for you thus far?
    01-14-2016 01:06 PM
    Wffwat this forum won't let me post any links but if you Google 'old version of instagram' there is an android version available on the first result. Not sure about versions for other devices though.

Zbombz thankyou for getting in touch with instagram and letting us know.
    you're welcome! wish i could get the new release out faster...
    01-14-2016 01:17 PM
    It is my great pleasure to announce that this problem persists no more!!! (at least for me)
    01-16-2016 09:38 PM
    did the new version come out?
    01-17-2016 10:36 AM
56 123