We are using Verizon phones in one of the Arab countries, and for this we need to change the language of the phone, so what usually is done: for example if i am using Samsung Galaxy S4 (SCH-i545) with android 5.0.1.

-phone is rooted with Kingo Root.
    - Root explorer is installed on the phone.
    - Setting System file is copied to the PC in order to change it's string values from EN to AR.
    - The Setting system file is copied as SecSettings.apk to the PC.
    - If for example the secsettings.apk is compiled and then recompiled only without changing it's string values and copied back to the phone.
    - The Setting system file disappears from the phone, showing that the phone rejected the secsettings.apk that was compiled and then recompiled.

This is was a serious issue which blocked our progress in translating the english language to arabic language.

I would like to have the help from one of the expertise especially this is was the main issue.

I hope this was the right place for placing this post, unless the moderator can change the place of the post.

Looking forward to have help for this issue.
    12-17-2015 08:40 PM
    I am not sure but I will check with the ambassador team to see if they have any ideas
    12-18-2015 08:03 AM
    I'm not sure why you think just changing the string will allow a device without Arabic language being installed will get it to work. Have you done this before? What languages are listed on the "Language and Input" screen? It probably only shows 6
    12-18-2015 09:37 AM