Purchased a Huawei Tracphone today, I dont have any data on the phone yet but I am trying to connect it to my at home wifi, and it connects, but web pages dont load, like I have no connection to the internet. The Wifi icon on my phone has this smaller grey symbol (unable to tell what it is) that appears every few seconds then disappears. I am sitting a foot away from my router, and my brothers (trac)phone connects to our internet just fine. Any idea whats going on?
    12-17-2015 09:25 PM
    Hello,

There are several ways we can diagnose this issue. One, go to WiFi and see what the device IP Address is (You can try: https://android.stackexchange.com/qu...roid-phone-has) - then see if you can login to your router and see the device connected.

If your router/modem can see this as a valid device then the fault lies of the software on the phone (more likely), if not, then it will be a little harder to diagnose.

The next step would be to restart the modem/router (in the event it's having a spaz) and see if this rectified the issue.

Next, see if you can perform an OS update by plugging the device into the PC and downloading the latest version.

If this is still an issue attempt to perform a backup and wipe of the phone.

Let me know how you go.

Regards
    Michael Nancarrow
    12-18-2015 06:12 AM