Moto X Play display is blinking after MArshMallow upgrade. What does blinking indicate ?

A

AC Question

ON Moto X Play I upgraded to MarshMallow. The upgrade was sent to the phone on Dec 17th 2015. After this I frequently see the phone display starts to blink ( i.e. it goes completely black for one second and then display is visible for another second) .

After killing a few applications the blinking goes away. Again after some time of using music/video playing applications the blinking starts.

What does the screen blinking indicate ? Is it High Ram or High CPU usage ? In settings/apps I am not seeing anything unusual. How do I go about finding the root cause of this problem ?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I follow a Brazilian X Play community where many members are already running Marshmallow and never seen this problem reported. Before a factory reset I would try a couple of things. First wipe the cache partition on recovery and clear cache in settings - storage. If the problem persists you could boot your phone in safe mode. This would tell you if there's a problem with the system or a conflict with an app you downloaded.

Edit. Also, check in your battery stats if any app is taking an unusual high percentage.

Last edited:

justjoe123

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
Did you ever find a fix for this? I'm having the exact same issue after updating to marshmallow. One other issue i've noticed is sometimes when I turn on the phone with the power button, the screen sort of responds, I can tell the backlight is on very slightly. I push the power button again, the screen goes dark, and finally one more time and it turns on normally. It's as if on the first power button press starts to turn the screen on but it stops half way or something and just stops before drawing the image.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez