LG G4 - I'm having issues with starting phone

A

AC Question

Just a bit ago, Google was updating some apps on my phone (nothing extraordinary or suspicious: Spotify, Facebook, Fios Mobile, Open Table) and the phone shut down in the process. When I restarted the phone, the LG Android start up screen appears but then the screen goes black. I believe its still on since just pressing the power button on the back does nothing. I've removed the battery to restart it and the same thing happens (LG startup screen -> black screen).

Now I do have a cracked screen from damage a few weeks back (and am expecting a replacement screen TODAY - I was feeling adventurous enough to give replacing it a try) and would suspect this as the problem except for the fact that I am getting the LG start up screen (so I know that it still works).

None of the other start up/boot issues I seem to find on the forum doesn't appear to be the same problem that I'm having.

1) could it just be the damaged/cracked screen?
2) is there a way that I can back out of the last updated apps to get my phone back to where it was previously this AM?
3) is a hard reboot my only option? Naturally I'd like to avoid that step if its not necessary and spend the weekend setting things back up

Thanks to any advice or direction sent my way (or re-directs to a post that I missed that covers this)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
If you can get into the phone then you can remove the apps that you think might be causing the problem. You can't roll back the app version on Google play, unless it is a system app

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
...if that doesn't work, then either:
Try accessing from a computer, if you haven't set a password/lock

If you did set a password/lock, you are going to have to reset your device by holding down power&volume down, then selecting factory reset with volume up/down respectively and power button to select.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87