Hello. I recently purchased the ZenWatch 2 and have been enjoying it. One this sticks out that is really starting to bother me - the device on communicates one way. By that I mean, I can get notifications just fine to my watch from my phone (Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ on T-Mobile) but I cannot use the watch to push anything to my phone unless my phone screen is active.

When listening to music or the radio I get a widget to control the music and volume, skip track and such, but if my phone screen is off these buttons do nothing. I need to first pull my phone out of my pocket and turn on the screen (but I don't need to unlock the phone) then I can use the watch to control the audio.

The issue is the same for replying to text or emails. They won't send from my watch if my phone screen is off. Is this by design, or am I missing something. Having the watch would be pointless if I need to constantly pull out my phone in order to do anything.

By the way, I have a security screen lock enabled, but the watch is set to be trusted, and even without the lock it doesn't work.

Thank You
    12-18-2015 12:45 PM
    Seems weird. My LG G Watch doesn't have this problem. I would try to do a factory data reset on the watch
    12-18-2015 01:12 PM