I have been with Sprint for about 6 months, and have a Galaxy S6 from them that I want to use with Straight Talk. When I open the Straight Talk setup package, it only provides sim cards specifically for ATT or T-Mobile. The sim cards do specify to use with "ATT or unlocked devices" and "T-Mobile or unlocked devices".

Given that they do not specify Sprint on either of the sim card choices, does this mean I have to have the phone unlocked in order to use Straight Talk? Or, is there a way to set it up without having to have it unlocked?
    12-18-2015 11:46 PM
    You would need to buy a cdma kit if not unlocked

http://www.straighttalkbyop.com/shop.php
    12-19-2015 09:03 AM
    dpham00, thanks for your answer. The set up package comes with instructions for both GSM and CDMA.

To clarify, despite my Sprint / Galaxy S6 having a sim card, I can set it up for Straight Talk with the CDMA instructions? Without removing the existing sim card? Also, would this disable any features, such as 4g LTE? (I've read that Sprint and Verizon's sim cards may be used for 4g LTE functionality.)
    12-19-2015 12:56 PM
    You would need to remove the existing sprint sim. I am not sure about the details, contact straight talk to guide you through the process.
    12-31-2015 11:59 AM
    As it turns out, they had a sim in the package for CDMA/Sprint phones. However, Straight Talk told me that I can't use my Galaxy S6 with their service. So, now I'm stuck using an old Verizon-branded Galaxy S4 with straight talk.
    01-08-2016 02:26 PM
    As it turns out, they had a sim in the package for CDMA/Sprint phones. However, Straight Talk told me that I can't use my Galaxy S6 with their service. So, now I'm stuck using an old Verizon-branded Galaxy S4 with straight talk.

Not true. I got a sprint galaxy s6. Everyone told me i couldnt use it (their phones are cdma which means u have to get it unlocked to be a gsm which takes sims) i paid 60$ to MSMobile Guy on facebook he unlocks phones for a living through your computer u dont have to do any work. U make arrangements over the phone. Hes amazing. But younhave to either use the att or tmobile sim kit so once its unlocked, buy the kit and find out what area u live in has the best coverage of the two. Call straight talknand tell them u want to change your service to a gsm sim and give them the sim info. Easy. Mine was connectwd instantly
    07-03-2016 03:12 AM
    Need to know to to hack it so I can use my galaxy s6 edge plus with straight talk
    08-26-2016 12:41 PM