S6 Edge all widgets stuck. "Loading Widget"

A

AC Question

I use Anymote, Beautiful Widgets, and Smart Manager widget.
A few days ago they all suddenly got stuck on "loading widget" or just won't update.
I've tried deleting and reinstalling apps. Replacing the widget with a new one, and restarting my phone. I may just have to factory reset, but I'd like to avoid that.
Any suggestions? Please! :/

Oh, one last thing. The stock weather widget still works for some reason, but nothing else.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi, welcome to the forums! Did you recently receive a system update? You could try first wiping the cache partition on recovery and clearing cache in settings - storage. If no go get back to us and we'll try different solutions.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Let's try different things then. Do you remember any significant change in your phone right before the problem started? System update, new app installed or updated, changes in your location settings or similar, etc?

DirgeOfTheRaven

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
I'm not entirely sure about updated apps, because I set it to auto update all and haven't payed much attention (unfortunately)
I'll try Uninstallinng some recent updates and see if that helps.
The phone software updated not long ago, but it was after the problem began.

I deleted the data and cache from TouchWiz Home which also worked for about two minutes, so the problem may lie in the launcher?

I've also tried to delete cache partition again which did nothing... But before it made it to the menu it said it was installing updates. Then showed the android laying down and said "no... Something" I can't remember.

Sorry for the long read. Just trying to get out as much information as I can! Dx

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
You could try with a different different launcher and see what happens with those widgets. My first choice would be Nova, there's a free version on the Play Store and you can import your layout.

I'm not sure if this is problem with the launcher, but using a different one would give us more clues.

DirgeOfTheRaven

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
Alright, I took your advice and went with Nova.
Worked great!.. For about an hour.
I figured it out this time though. (I think)

I figured out that it seems to happen every time I attempt to edit my Anymote widget.
Took the widget off the screen and seems to be working so far.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
That's interesting. I think you should get in touch with the AnyMote developers and tell them what happened. Let's see if everything is still working fine tomorrow before we commemorate :) Keep us posted.