My droid turbo is having a problem with the top left corner of the screen..

S

S-E-S-K

I couldn't find information anywhere and have tried deleting any apps that may have caused this. The corner seems to not work when tapped, though dragging things to the corner works. (Dragging them away, however, does not) Powering the phone off and on works for a short period, but the problem suddenly comes back only to be fixed by another reset.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
The same problem is happening with different devices from different brands. I think it could be related to some third party app. You could try booting your phone in safe mode and see if the problem persists. I remember some screen issues related to CM Security and other apps by Cheetah Mobile. Do you have any CM app installed? If so, disable it and see what happens. Maybe you'll need to uncheck it first in settings - security - device administrators.

Nickllb

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
My wife and I both got the design your own Droid Turbo 2. I have the exact same problem with mine but, my wife does not have this problem. I would like to know if anyone figures this out.

GSuggett

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Seems to be Facebook Messager app. Was having the same issue with a Moto X 2014 on Verizon. My Droid Turbo broke so I used the X for several days and noticed it had a dead spot when I tried to use other apps that need menu access up in the corner such as Amazon and eBay. Got my replacement Turbo and saw the same thing was happening. At first I thought maybe a Motorola glitch but after messing with it for a bit I narrowed it down to that.

I hope this helps anyone else who may be having issues.

Greg

SLeepdepD

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same issue on Droid Turbo 1.

I Force Stopped Facebook's Messenger app through App Settings and that fixed it. I'm sure it'll be back, but maybe this helps to confirm Facebook Messenger is at fault. Incidentally, I have Chat Heads turned off.

I used Yet Another MultiTouch Test to confirm the issue before hand, and confirm its resolution afterwards. I could drag into the upper-left region but I couldn't start a click there.