3G Dongles?

SSoffe

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I have a Galaxy Note Pro 12.2. This model only comes with WIFI. My question is can I buy a dongle that will take my 3G sim that I already have on contract but can't use because this tablet is WIFI only. I read somewhere there is such a thing & more reliable than tethering or hotspot etc. The problem is I really haven't a clue what I'm looking for, what are they called etc, all a bit confusing for me so any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance,

Posted via the Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I would contact the carrier for assistance as options will vary depending on carrier.

Personally I have a Verizon 4GLTE sim from a smartphone unlimited data line and just popped it into a hotspot device. But different carriers have different options

SSoffe

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
By carrier do you mean who my contract is with. ? Because I have a contract with Pepephone here in Spain, I pay 11€ for 2 lines, 2 numbers one for my mobile the other for my tablet, so this tablet has no Sim card slot so have to find a way!

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
By carrier do you mean who my contract is with. ? Because I have a contract with Pepephone here in Spain, I pay 11€ for 2 lines, 2 numbers one for my mobile the other for my tablet, so this tablet has no Sim card slot so have to find a way!

Hi, yes contact your service provider (who your contact is with) if you were to put the sim card for the tablet into a dongle it should work, but 3G signal strength might not be the best. Best option would be to speak to the service provider and get their opinion :)