I have a Pendo Pad 10.1 model PNDPP5QC10BLK and cannot delete shortcuts from the home screen. Does anybody else have this problem with this particular model?
    12-23-2015 11:53 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Does the touchscreen register touch normally? What happens when you long-press an app shortcut?

Also, does the tablet have an Easy Mode feature? On Samsung devices, Easy Mode prevents the user from changing the icons on the primary homescreen.
    12-24-2015 06:07 PM
    Hi B. Diddy,
    Thanks for your reply. If I long press an icon I can drag it any where I like on the main home screen or any other home screen. What is supposed to happen is that an X are is supposed to open at the top of the screen and then your supposed to drag it to this area and then the icon will be deleted. But no X area appears and the icon cannot be deleted. I forgot to mention that the device is using Android 5.0.2.

There is no easy mode that I can discover.
    richo43
    12-25-2015 11:27 PM
    And is this with any app icon, or only certain ones?

When you're dragging the icon, does anything new show up on either the very top or bottom of the screen?
    12-26-2015 01:14 PM
    This is with any icons. Pendo support said that I should only be able to delete icons for apps I have downloaded. but it doesn't make any difference. No icons cane be deleted from the main home screen or any other home screen. The only way to delete icons is to uninstall the application.

If I long press an icon when there is only one home screen a white bar appears at the right-hand side of the screen and I can drag the icon to a new home screen. If there are more than two home screens white bars appear on both sides of the main home screen.

Richo43
    12-27-2015 01:49 PM
    Oh, I think I get it. Does that tablet have an App Drawer button on the homescreen (an icon at the bottom that looks like a circle or square with a grid of dots in it)? The App Drawer typically shows all installed apps. If you don't see an App Drawer, then the tablet's stock launcher is likely trying to be like iOS (which doesn't have an App Drawer). So any and all apps you install will have an icon on the homescreens, and the only way to unclutter the homescreens is to make a folder called "Junk" or "Rarely Used" and put all of those icons there (or uninstall the apps). Huawei does something similar with their Emotion UI.

If you want a more Android-like interface, you can install an alternate launcher like Google Now Launcher or Nova Launcher from the Google Play Store.
    12-28-2015 02:00 AM