Hi,

I dropped my phone in a sink full of water - I know its supposed to be water proof but I had taken off the little side cover where the power lead plugs in because it was loose and I was afraid to lose it.

I got the phone out relatively quickly and turned it off, water was dripping out of it.

I got home got it in rice and kept it in a warm place for a day to let it dry out.

I wanted to check for water damage so I was taking the back off when I accidentally turned it back on (the battery life in these phones is amazing btw). The screen was black but the phone was on so I used some isopropyl alcohol to give the inside a clean (After the battery had died - my alarm going off for two days was enough to drain it)

I left it to dry for another two days in rice, and when I put it all back together again and charged it, it worked! I was delighted. Until a few days later I dropped it at work and the screen no longer worked. (any new phone I get from now on will be completely insured!).

I ordered a new screen from amazon the next day, installed it last night and....
    nothing. I should say its not an official sony screen and I'm not ruling out a faulty screen.

I just want to know, if anyone knows, do you think its just the screen? or is it a bigger fault with the phone?

The alarm still goes off, over and over again. The vibration function still works on start up and the little LED is still flashing.

Any ideas would be useful.
    (I'm using an iphone at the minute as a temporary replacement and I hate it, please help me get back to android!).
    12-24-2015 05:43 AM
    If you correctly replaced the screen and it still doesn't work then it is probably something else inside.
    12-24-2015 06:29 AM