Galaxy S5 vs S5 NEO

A

AC Question

Trying to find a replacement for my iPhone 5 and have decided to come back to Samsung and I have decided I want a Galaxy S5..

I have tried comparing the two phones (S5 vs S5 neo) but don't really know too much about processors etc so thought I would ask the question on here!
Only notable thing I can tell is the neo is newer and has a better front camera, a worst rear camera/video recrding and has no fingerprint scanner.

I was pretty set on getting the S5 but after putting an advert up locally somebody has offered the s5 neo for a reasonable price so just after some opinions really.

The phone will be used for normal use (internet/youtube/games) nothing too heavy really.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and many thanks in advance :)

lee661985

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
No I didn't know that to be honest, however the prices of a new phone (I use Pay & Go) is crazy!
Main reason(s) I want to change phone is because the battery on my iPhone needs topping up at least once per day, and I need to back up my photo's often/delete apps often because my memory runs out and does not support an sd card.
We use Samsung tablets in our house and my last phone was a Galaxy S3 which I do like so wanted to switch back to another Samsung phone.

Hope this makes sense (in a bit of a rush).

Thanks for your reply all the best for xmas

Feldon

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
What country/carrier are you in?

If you are in the US on a smaller carrier, Galaxy S5 might be a good idea. But if you are in the US on AT&T or Verizon...

samsung_carriers.jpg

And unfortunately you cannot just buy the global/international Galaxy S5 and use it on AT&T because it's missing half the bands. :(

TwitchyPuppy

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
I have an iPhone too and it helped me a LOT for battery life to disable Background App Refresh and to set location services to "While using app" on the ones needed.
As for space, my photos automatically upload to Google Photo, so I never have to worry about that (otherwise, I would, since I got the 16GB model).

lee661985

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for the reply Feldon, I am in England and I use the o2 network if this makes any difference?

I will give that a try EvilKitty, thank you :)
Still fancying a change though but hopefully this should make some difference - it drives me mad having to charge up at least once in the day (I always charge it at night) sometimes more!

lee661985

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
Sorry, yeah I should have been more specific, it is the SM-G900F and SM-G901F that is available here.

Which is best out of the above models VS S5 NEO?

Merry christmas everybody hope you all have a great day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles