Hi, I had my HTC One M9 for about a couple of months, got it used. Now HTC makes a good UI and such, and it was really nice as my first android device but eventually things started getting buggy and deteriorating. I blame the Snapdragon 810 for the issues, which the major one right now is the battery, About 1% gets eaten through in a minute when browsing the web , and Extreme Power Saving Mode does not help very much. The thing lasts about 7 hours before I have to recharge it. I have tried deleting extraneous apps, limiting whats running in the background, etc, but nothing seems to work. I was thinking of getting one of those battery-cases with about 4700mA or so.

Lately, I've been thinking of upgrading my phone since I got an upgrade deal for verizon of about $100 off my next upgrade and about $300 worth of trading in a phone. There are a few things that I am looking for:
    A Micro SD Card Slot (This is a MUST)
    Good battery life that can go through about a day with using bluetooth with my smartwatch frequently.
    Preferably no Snapdragon 810's anymore.
    32gb of internal storage.
    3gb of RAM.
    I have looked into phones, like the LG G4, Droid Turbo 2, and Droid Maxx 2. They all apparently have micro SD card slots and decent specs, not sure how the 810 will do with the large battery on the Turbo 2 though. I've been leaning towards the G4 a lot since I have heard good things on how the 808 is specialized for it since LG worked closely with qualcomm to ensure fluid performance and I assume good battery life. Not to mention the removable battery sounds great considering that's rare in this generation of smart phones.

I was wondering what phone I should get, or if so, maybe you have other suggestions? Thanks in advance.
    12-25-2015 03:27 AM
    First, what is using your battery, if you check your battery usage stats at the end of the day?
    Second, what is your signal like? A poor signal will eat battery, and if that is the problem, any other phone you buy will be the same.
    12-25-2015 07:17 AM
    I used battery Doctor, uninstalled most of the apps the were eating my battery. I"m trying the Snapdragon battery guru app and see what it says,

My signal is good, 4G Lte with 3/5 or 4/5 bars filled up, so the signal is mostly good. I also don't use mobile data like almost ever because I have no real need when I have wifi almost all of the day, so that option is almost always off.

I also am a bit skeptical on the battery right now because lately, when I charge it and it gets to about 70%, the LED blinks red and it does not charge. I think that could be a sign that the battery is dying, and of course it has no removable battery.
    12-25-2015 02:04 PM
    I see. I guess part of the problem is that we don't know how the previous owner used the device. It does sound like the battery may need replacing. It may be worth trying a Factory Reset first however, a hassle though that is to do.

Welcome as a new member anyways.
    12-25-2015 04:39 PM
    Alright everyone, so I got the Galaxy Note 4. So far I'm really liking this design, such as the power and volume buttons on different sides of the phone, the quad HD screen, removable battery, and a snapdragon processor that works fine and does not eat through battery like the 810 did.
    I listed my HTC one m9 on Craigslist and ebay, I heard swappa being mentioned so I might try that one too.
    Overall, thanks for the input guys, I think this phone will serve me for quite a while.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-29-2015 05:26 AM