Greyed out edited cover photo on timeline

A

AC Question

So I changed my cover photo on Facebook yesterday. Later yesterday I edited one of the names that I listed on that photo. Now on my phone that photo is greyed out and appears as the first thing I see on my timeline and news fee (no one else sees the greyed outside picture) I cannot get rid of it, or do anything to it. How do I get rid of this?

judycasagrande

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site
I only see it on the Facebook website on my phone. It doesn't show on my iPad when I go into my profile or news feed on Facebook. It is fine as my cover photo, it's just after I edited it on my phone yesterday is when the greyed out picture appeared as the first thing that shows on my profile or news feed. Again this is only happening on my phone, my iPad and computer don't show it. This is why I believe it's a phone issue

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Go to the main System Settings, then select Apps (or App Manager), then select Facebook. Tap Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop (don't worry, all of your Facebook data will get synced again when you sign back in). Now open Facebook again and log back in. Is your cover photo still grey?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20