Samsung S3 cannot connect to Google + Tab Lite is not responding

A

AC Question

I was using the Clean Master app for Android from the Play Store, the app was high rated and people said it was a great app.
I downloaded it and I cleaned some junk files. I checked a box where it said "clean cache"
It cleaned it all, but after that I realized that Play Store did not work, Google+ did not work. I could connect to internet with no problems and there was no problem in the internet connection itself.
I found no working solution to this, people said that the phone has a wrong date set to it, but the date is correct. So I decided to do a factory reset. (NOTE: this was with my Samsung Tab Lite)
After the reset I tried to launch the tablet, but I found out that it broke somehow. It would show the text "Samsung Tab Lite" and then it would show a black screen, nothing would happen.
After I realized that I was very angry and decided to use my mobile phone until I got the tablet fixed. At that time I did not know that the problem was caused by cleaning the cache.
Few days later I was on my phone, I had the same app on the phone also so I did a cleaning again. I did not know that the cache cleaning caused this so it happened again. This time the factory reset did not break my phone, but I still cannot connect to any Google serviced such as the play store. Date is again correct and there is no problem in the internet connection.

What can I do now? The problem won't get fixed!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Either clearing individual app caches or wiping the system cache partition (which can both be done natively on the device, and doesn't require an additional app to do it) should not cause problems. I would suspect it has to do with Clean Master. Be cautious with any of these kinds of apps--most of them are unnecessary, but they're popular because the companies take advantage of users' relative inexperience. Android devices rarely need any of the kind of "cleaning" or "RAM boosting" that those apps offer, but since Windows does benefit from that kind of action, many users assume that Android does too. And the companies that make these apps exploit that presumption. Cheetah Mobile (who makes Clean Master) is generally regarded with a lot of suspicion by many folks here, because of various experiences with adware and even occasional malware (if installed from somewhere else besides Google Play). The bottom line is, don't use Clean Master

See if you can boot into Recovery and wipe the system cache partition from there: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC