Why did my music dissappear

A

AC Question

Yesterday I listened to my music with no problems, but today when I was connecting to a new bluetooth speaker it kept saying the music files were not supported. At first I thought it was the speaker that was having the issue so I disconnected the speaker. Even after that the files would not play. I restarted my phone and now none of them are on my phone! I also should let you know I down loaded all 300 ish songs from an app. If that makes a difference, and have a Samsung Galaxy S5. Please help me, and thank you in advance!

Lost2580

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
I downloaded it from an app I think is called MP3 Music player. I found all the music in my downloads however only a few of them would go back onto the phone the other songs are not being read as music files.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It would be helpful to know exactly what app you're talking about. Did you install it from the Google Play Store, or from somewhere else? Is it downloading the music files to the Download directory only? What format are the music files--mp3?

Be aware that most "free" mp3 downloader apps or sites are of somewhat questionable integrity. If you're downloading current pop hits for free, it's unlikely that it's with the artists' or labels' approval (unless you're actually subscribing to some kind of music service). And if you're using an app like that, you also run a higher risk of malware (since they're trying to entice people to install the app and download files with the lure of free music).