Hi all.
    I know the question above was posed before; but for KitKat devices and unfortunately the steps suggested there didn't work. Here is my predicament:

I have a Polaroid PMID713G tablet running Lollipop 5.1. It came preinstalled with the usual apps (Facebook, etc); but also two forms of adware - BroService and Linervce. These apps can be uninstalled; but reinstall themselves after a few minutes. There's also an Apus Launcher which I can't get rid of.
    Anyway, these services place an ad on EVERY browser - even Firefox and Adblock Browser. AdBlockers such as AdGuard cannot circumvent them and scanning with antimalware software detects the infection; but cannot remove them (Probably because they are preinstalled and protected)

To me, the obvious route would be... well, rooting. But even that's proved a hassle. KingRoot outright fails and KingoRoot reaches 90% and then fails. I've tried both the PC and APK versions. KingoRoot identifies a matching script but fails while executing the script. I've tried tinkering with options in Developer Mode; but nothing seems to make a difference.

Any advice would be welcome.
    Thank you in advance.
    12-27-2015 09:55 AM
    To Remove/Uninstall/Disable the BroService (ePlay1Service), revoke its permissions and clear the data/cache of the CrashService.

To Remove/Uninstall/Disable the Linervice (eVideo1Service), revoke its permissions and clear the data/cache of the CrashService.

Revoke their permissions and reinstall them using "Adv Permission Manager (Pro)".

Yes, reinstall them, as this method isolates the adware and prevents them from reinstalling.

No root is needed!
    belodion likes this.
    12-28-2015 07:20 AM