I am new to Android and have been looking for a fix to this since I got my phone.

Any artists who's names start with "The" get sorted under T, so for example: "The Beatles" Is listed alphabetically under T instead of B, where it should be.

I've been reading forums and a lot of people have mentioned editing metadata one-by-one, but my music library is huge and I am looking for a possible solution that will resolve all of them at once.

A little bit of extra info. I ditched the default music player in favor of VLC, this is my preferred media player and I would like to be able to use this instead of downloading some new music player app. I'll consider switching music apps only if they solve this problem AND are super sweet and totally worth it, because I am truly a VLC guy.

Thanks for the help!
    12-27-2015 10:41 AM
    Alphabetically, "The Beatles" should be under T - that's what "alphabetically" means.

You can write software that will search the metadata of all your music files and, if the first word is "the ", remove the 4 characters. But I don't think there's anything already written to do that.
    02-02-2016 04:39 PM