Insufficient Stoarge Space

A

AC Question

I'm having serious issues with the storage space on my android phone. It currently says I have 161 MB of free space. I don't have any pics or videos saved to the phone's memory. I have CleanMaster installed, which regularly clears ~160MB - 210MB each time I use the junk removal function, however if I attempt to download and install a 30MB app directly after after running it I'm still apparently short on storage space. It's almost as if something eats up the free space as soon as I make it?

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
First, Uninstall Clean Master! Here's why:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=4435166

Second, you cannot use 100% of the storage available. On any computer OS a minimum amount of free space must be available for normal operation such as writing temporary files, etc. Without free reserve the system becomes unstable, will start crashing or even refuse to run. The exact amount reserved varies but is usually about 200-300MB. At 161MB free you are very low and no doubt hitting the minimum limit.

You must free up some space. To make space you can:
Delete texts or emails. If you have a lot saved on the phone, this can help.
Delete or move photos, videos, documents, etc.
Uninstall app updates.
Uninstall apps.
Clear cache files. Not recommended. This will only make space temporarily as cache files will rebuild over time. Also, while clearing cache files won't hurt anything, they're there to speed up operation and should be left alone.

If you can't move stuff to a SD card, move them to your computer or cloud storage.

Cleaners, RAM optimizers, task killers, etc are unnecessary and counter-productive. Avoid all such crapware.

Shane English

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Just wondering if your rooted or have thought of rooting? If so use gl to sd and this transfers all app data such obb to the sd card not just cache.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited: