Recovering password- I can't unlock my Galaxy S5 Mini

A

AC Question

Hey, wondering if anyone can give me some help? It seems that in my sleep I have rolled over on to my phone and activated the finger print scanner, and (obviously) it has incorrectly scanned too many times. Now the only option to unlock my phone is to use the alternate password.., which I have forgotten, since I've never had to use it.

There should be an option to unlock my phone with my google account password, but that option is not there, and I don't know why. I wish I could just return to the finger scanner screen and log in, but I can't access that option and I am stuck on the alternate password page.

I have eliminated a few possible solutions:

1) I logged on to my gmail and reset my phone's password with the 'lock' option. However, there appeared a message saying "You already have a password on your phone, so this new password isn't needed..." YES IT IS NEEDED WHEN I DON'T KNOW THE PASSWORD!

2) I tried typing in the wrong alternate password several times but there appeared no other login options

3) I tried restarting the phone several times

4) I phoned samsung tech support and I was told that unless I can log on to a samsung account, I can't access my phone. Trouble is, I don't know if i even set up a samsung account.

I really don't want to have to resort to resetting my phone to factory default- I have too many important pictures, data, saved messages on my phone to delete willingly.

Is there another option to use my google mail account? Is there even a way to return to the finger scanner login page? If I brought my phone to the guys at an instore tech support could they do either of these things for me?

***Thank you so much for reading my querie and I would really appreciate any help or suggestions***

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463