So I've only had my LG G4 for a few months and I really loved it. A couple days ago someone asked me how I liked it and I expressed my love for it. Yesterday morning (morning of new years day no less) I was in bed using it for a little as normal, browsing social media, and my phone just shut off. It will not start again.

When I try to power on it wont go passed the startup LG Logo/Powered by android screen. It will show for a bit, then just go away and loop over and over.

I attempted a hard reset (power and bottom volume button hold) and tried every option from the menu, including factory reset. But nothings works.

So upset and frustrated over this. I moved from the United States to Auckland, New Zealand December 28th and a few days later my phone dies for no reason. What bad luck. I did nothing to the phone, the phone has 0 damage/cracks, and there was no contact with water. I assume there's nothing I can do, and I will just have to wait to get another one under the warranty. Just a pain being that I am in New Zealand now for the next up to year on my work visa.

the LG G_ series is great, had an LG G2. WHEN THEY WORK. But geez, so many issues. (had two LG G2's where the touch screen had sections that just gave out randomly).

Anyone have any insight? Thanks

- disgrunted LG G4 user
    01-01-2016 07:44 PM
    Sounds like you need a fresh flash.

Download and install LG Drivers

Download and install LG Flash Tool

Download stock firmware.

Place device in download mode. Power device off, while holding volume up, plug computer usb cable into your phone.

Run the LG Flash tool .exe file

Select “CDMA” as device type and "Diag” as phone mode.

Use the KDZ file you previously downloaded.

Use" Normal Flash" to flash without losing any data. This is to fix system errors. Flashing anything besides the same current firmware will result in a boot loop.*

Use "CSE Flash" to wipe all data and flash stock firmware onto your device. Use this if you are soft bricked,* boot looping, downgrading,* sideloading update or just need to go back to 100% stock.*

Click start and choose your country and language in the pop up window.

Hit ok and don't touch anything until it says 100%.
    01-01-2016 08:31 PM
    So I've only had my LG G4 for a few months and I really loved it. A couple days ago someone asked me how I liked it and I expressed my love for it. Yesterday morning (morning of new years day no less) I was in bed using it for a little as normal, browsing social media, and my phone just shut off. It will not start again.

When I try to power on it wont go passed the startup LG Logo/Powered by android screen. It will show for a bit, then just go away and loop over and over.

I attempted a hard reset (power and bottom volume button hold) and tried every option from the menu, including factory reset. But nothings works.

So upset and frustrated over this. I moved from the United States to Auckland, New Zealand December 28th and a few days later my phone dies for no reason. What bad luck. I did nothing to the phone, the phone has 0 damage/cracks, and there was no contact with water. I assume there's nothing I can do, and I will just have to wait to get another one under the warranty. Just a pain being that I am in New Zealand now for the next up to year on my work visa.

the LG G_ series is great, had an LG G2. WHEN THEY WORK. But geez, so many issues. (had two LG G2's where the touch screen had sections that just gave out randomly).

Anyone have any insight? Thanks

- disgrunted LG G4 user
    I just experience the exact same situation except I'm in Michigan for a funeral instead of New Zealand. I have alot of files on that device and would like to try some type of recovery option. But the phone has no life whatsoever, won't turn on at all. Were you able to get your device restored?
    03-14-2016 10:09 AM