Huawei P8 not recognized by any PC

A

AC Question

Hi,

I cannot connect my Huawei P8 to any PC via USB. It worked few times, but then I pressed something in the notifications window (where you can choose what type of USB connection you want) it disappeared and since then I cannot connect it to any PC it is just charging. Also HiSuite does not recgnize it.

Android Version: lollipop 5.0.1

cowboy1171

Feb 14, 2017
Visit site
Hi,
I do not have usb hisuite option.
I only have the following:
Google mode
Normal mode
Manufacture mode
Slate test mode
Authentication mode
Other mode

None of them seems to work and I can not get my phone to connect to the PC
Need help

Thanks in advance

Vuks

Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
Hi,
I do not have usb hisuite option.
I only have the following:
Google mode
Normal mode
Manufacture mode
Slate test mode
Authentication mode
Other mode

None of them seems to work and I can not get my phone to connect to the PC
Need help

Thanks in advance

Try setting it to normal mode (disconnect and connect USB cable after setting to apply!), if that doesn't work then Google. If that doesn't work too, you gotta wait for someone who's better at this than me :)

Hor01

Apr 8, 2017
Visit site
I had this or a very similar problem and many of the suggestions above (and on several other websites) didn't fix it, but this did. Here it is if you've found this thread and had no luck so far:

• Settings > Security > Allow HiSuite to use HDB = OFF
  • Settings > Developer options = ON (with no other items in this screen turned on - not even USB debugging)

Sadly, the point of HDB is to not have to turn on Developer options, but it failed to do this for me.

I have a Huawei P8-Lite with Android 5.0.1 (not rooted), connecting to Win 10 with HiSuite 5.0.1.300_OVE installed.

Symptoms were, after plugging phone into USB port: Windows would report USB device not recognized - regardless of whether Photos, Files or USB drive selected on phone, same for USB tethering ... except after several tries 'Files' would work and HiSuite would see it! Another phone (Samsung S3 mini) worked just fine with the same cable and port.

I had tried without luck:
  • Updating the driver in Device Manager
  • Upgrading HiSuite from 4.x to 5.x
  • Different USB cable
  • Different USB port
  • Restart phone and PC
  • Dialler > *#*#2846579#*#* > Background Settings > USB Port Settings = "Hisuite Mode" (was this already), and the others on that screen

I refused to be drawn into downloading drivers from random sites. Huawei.com doesn't seem to have any drivers for download. I didn't want to reset the phone, as that would mean several hours of my life I'd never get back.

Sorry about the cross-post if you also saw this on another site. I was so happy when I was able to use USB tethering again, I just wanted to share the joy!! ... and help others solve their problem if they went through the same journey I went through.

salvasegura

Apr 27, 2017
Visit site
I had this or a very similar problem and many of the suggestions above (and on several other websites) didn't fix it, but this did. Here it is if you've found this thread and had no luck so far:

• Settings > Security > Allow HiSuite to use HDB = OFF
  • Settings > Developer options = ON (with no other items in this screen turned on - not even USB debugging)

Sadly, the point of HDB is to not have to turn on Developer options, but it failed to do this for me.

I have a Huawei P8-Lite with Android 5.0.1 (not rooted), connecting to Win 10 with HiSuite 5.0.1.300_OVE installed.

Symptoms were, after plugging phone into USB port: Windows would report USB device not recognized - regardless of whether Photos, Files or USB drive selected on phone, same for USB tethering ... except after several tries 'Files' would work and HiSuite would see it! Another phone (Samsung S3 mini) worked just fine with the same cable and port.

I had tried without luck:
  • Updating the driver in Device Manager
  • Upgrading HiSuite from 4.x to 5.x
  • Different USB cable
  • Different USB port
  • Restart phone and PC
  • Dialler > *#*#2846579#*#* > Background Settings > USB Port Settings = "Hisuite Mode" (was this already), and the others on that screen

I refused to be drawn into downloading drivers from random sites. Huawei.com doesn't seem to have any drivers for download. I didn't want to reset the phone, as that would mean several hours of my life I'd never get back.

Sorry about the cross-post if you also saw this on another site. I was so happy when I was able to use USB tethering again, I just wanted to share the joy!! ... and help others solve their problem if they went through the same journey I went through.

Nothing works with my Huawei P8 Lite and my Mac (I know, this thread is for PC, but maybe you can help...) I can see SD Card and its content, and I can see Internal Memory EMPTY!! If I create a folder from the Android File Transfer I can see it in my mobile, but if then I create a subfolder from mobile I can't see it at Mac. I remember it worked months ago, but now I have no more ideas. Can you help, please?

phi061

Apr 22, 2018
Visit site
you need
1) install the appropriate Huawei driver, then reboot after
see Huawei (Honor) USB Drivers - Download | Huawei Advices
2) use the magic combination *#*#2846579#*#* on your dialer, then check > Background Settings > USB Port Settings = "Hisuite Mode", but "Manufacture Mode" seems also to work fine
3) plug your Huawei phone on USB using the original cable
4) windows detect your phone the1st time, it takes a long time
5) respond "transfer files" on your phone when it asks for the USB connection mode
6) under Windows file Explorer, you should have access to your phone for managing files
7) blame Huawei & Microsoft for rendering so hard such a simple task !

Tubehound

Jun 10, 2018
Visit site
Please don't discount the cable thing. Tried all options above and a couple of different cables, After nothing worked, I went through every cable in the house and on the 6th try, bingo! But yes, that dialler access code is great. Where do people find that stuff!