Huawei P8 not recognized by any PC

A

AC Question

Hi,

I cannot connect my Huawei P8 to any PC via USB. It worked few times, but then I pressed something in the notifications window (where you can choose what type of USB connection you want) it disappeared and since then I cannot connect it to any PC it is just charging. Also HiSuite does not recgnize it.

Android Version: lollipop 5.0.1

York Young

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site
I've encounter the same here with Huawei P8 (twice), the USB functionality is totally dead for some unknown reasons. Just charging... I restored to factory settings and it works for a few months then it's dead again! WTF...
****ty Huawei... I think it's a bug with the system drivers or whatever... and i'm reluctant to contact the technical support, they'll just tell me to restore the whole system image...

Memaleph

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
I created an account just to say Thank you !
That's a good code. Nothing was checked, I wonder why. I can't remember if it already worked before or not.

Anyway, with HiSuite checked, I can connect like a USB but I don"t have access to the internal memory. Is it normal? For security reasons I guess?

Death by Donut

Jul 15, 2016
Visit site
There is a solution...

In your dialer, type in *#*#2846579#*#* then select in background>usb hisuite and there you have it...
works like magic...

hope it helps.

cheers!

I too created an account to say thankyou , that work a treat especially for a pc numpty like me. For the record I have a G6-U10 , when i pressed the usb settings the Hisuite didnt turn up. However on a wing and a prayer I selected the 'Google' usb connection setting. This worked a treat and connected just like my older htc phone , MAGIC!!!!
Thanks again to putting to bed what has been a 5 hour operation on my pc!

DbD :0)

jaspere

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site
hello all, i kind of have the same problem, i have a broken screen that doesn't respond to anything, so i need to get my photos messages contacts and some apps documents and music out of the device onto my computer.. i have conected my huawei p8 lite to my pc, and in filemanager(windowsdirectory) i couldnt see anything inside the phone internal memory not even one map or file. but the computer does say ALE-L21 in computer directory. i have refreshed it a couple of times but it doesnt show anything, im still getting messages but cant see anything and i have tryed hisuite on my pc, but i have to connect hisuite with my huawei (have to press a button on the phone's screen), i cant press on the screen (doesnt respond and is black) so i also cant put in your magic code on my phone. does anyone know how to fix this problem maybe an computer program where you can see and control the screen of the phone , anything other than teamviewer or where you have to do something on the cellphone?

hade this problem with my ipod touch 2g a couple years ago, back then it was possible but i dont remember the name of or something like that program.

i really want all things out of the internal memory.

can anyone help me?

kind regards, thank you, jasper.

Crosstantine

Oct 31, 2016
Visit site
Same here, I created the account just to thank you, I've spend too much time reading in different forums, and all of them pointed to the USB cable, or user mistakes... it was frustrating, I'm glad I found this one, thanks again!

hanzie007

Nov 11, 2016
Visit site
Hello Andreigh,

*#*#2846579#*#* seems to be 1 character too much to dial (*#*#2846579#*# is the maximumn number to dial; the extra * is too much)?

What to do next when entered above dialnumber?

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress