This usually happens when I receive a call or when switching into or out of apps.

It will have blue vertical lines show up and then the whole screen will go white/gray vertical lines. The phone still functions when this happens. The upper part of the screen and the same area in on the back (about where the sim / SD card sit) gets pretty hot, not unholdable, but not good. I thought it was the battery, but the battery has never gotten hot while this occurs. turning off the screen and instantly turning it back on will result in a normal screen for about 1.5 seconds before going blue and then white/gray again. I have to turn the screen off for about 2 minutes or so and it will work again for a while.

troubleshooting:
    I turn off and on my phone at least once per day. It has no case on it, so there is adequate ventilation. The apps I use are very low demanding apps such as neko atsume, low graphic 2d little movement on screen. This happens whether I'm charging my phone or not. This has happened within 5 minutes of using my phone even after long rest periods. My screen has 2 hairline cracks on the top of the screen, so maybe possible water damage?
    01-02-2016 02:41 PM