Cant find saved skype photos on nexus 6p

A

AC Question

Hey I cant find my saved skype photos on my nexus 6p. When I receive a file on skype, I press on the top right button and it says its saved but I cant find it anywhere on my phone... please help!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, use a file manager app (like Total Commander) to look through the phone's various directories. See if there's a Skype subdirectory in the Media or Pictures directory. Also look in the /Android/data/ directory for a Skype subdirectory. Apps sometimes create their own directories for saved images--and then to make things more inconvenient for you, they add a ".nomedia" file to that directory, which instructs the system to ignore that directory when looking for photos to add to the main gallery app. If you find the directory, and if it has a .nomedia file, you could try deleting that .nomedia file. This should allow all of the images in that directory to show up in the Photos app. However, if Skype automatically creates the .nomedia file again, then you're better off copying or moving those images to some other directory (like the Pictures directory).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm