I have had the G4 for a couple days now and have been seriously unimpressed. The UI is cartoonish and annoying. The battery life is poor. And the phone has a serious stutter right out of the box. Scrolling on the web browser or switching apps is really notchy. This thing, by rights, should be a rocket ship. Note I am just coming from a Nexus 5. I still have time to return it.

These are my options ( I added quick notes on why I didn't choose that particular phone):

- Nexus 6P - looks awesome but I think it will just be too big
    - Nexus 5X - only 16g of memory
    - Sony Z5 - I am worried about the bloatware
    - Samsung S6 - the best option?
    - Moto X Play - only 16g of memory
    - Moto G (3rd Gen) - pretty basic, only 16g of memory
    - Alcatel One Touch Idol 3 - I don't know anything about it.

I want to like the G4. The expandable memory and replaceable battery are huge pluses. And I have been able to clean up the UI a lot to make it less annoying. But that lag/stutter is atrocious. And it doesn't give a lot of faith in it making through a 2 year contract.
    01-03-2016 02:12 PM
    Did u updated to marshmallow? I hear good things about it.
    01-03-2016 02:20 PM
    Also, I don't experience those things on my own G4. Your specimen may be faulty.
    01-03-2016 04:25 PM
    You could try a launcher. Google Now Launcher. Action Launcher. Nova. Much better UI than LG's stock launcher.
    01-04-2016 07:31 AM
    Thanks for the reply's.

MM is not available on my network yet.

I tried Nova Launcher also. No change. I also tried the Cheetah browser. It's a little better than FF and Chrome but is still laggy. I have also uninstalled or disabled all the Bell and LG bloatware. No change. I also noticed that the phone doesn't always register a tap. I end up having to tap and icon 2 or 3 times before it registers (no screen saver). And even after all the above changes the battery life is worse than my old Nexus 5, which is saying a lot. Very disappointing.
    01-04-2016 10:51 AM