04-20-2016 05:40 PM
279 12345 ...
tools
    So if my phone is going slow a answer my ram is full how do I clean it? I'm using a Samsung grand prime and it doesn't have a function to clean the ram

Posted via the Android Central App
    RAM cleaning is unnecessary.

RAM: What it is, how it's used, and why you shouldn't care http://www.androidcentral.com/ram-wh...-shouldnt-care
    k72 likes this.
    01-04-2016 12:38 PM
    Wow I read that whole article I guess that any task killers such as clean master and / smart manager are bad for your device you should let it just run how it's supposed to run and I should just disable smart manager and use my phone how it is

01-04-2016 12:55 PM
    So by saying that does that mean that my phone battery will improve and that smart manager doesn't help anything even thoe it's pre-installed so this means that APP KILLERS ARE A BIG FONY PEICE OF JUNK

01-04-2016 12:57 PM
    What the heck?! I'm not able to disable smart manager how can I take this crap out my phone

01-04-2016 01:06 PM
    Should I keep knock active protection on to help my phone or does it just drain my battery ? IDK if it helps my phone or not tell me if I should keep it on or just turn it off.

01-04-2016 01:09 PM
    Yes, uninstall Clean Master. It's not particularly useful, and can be counterproductive, as I explained above.

The Cell Standby shows no Time without Signal, so at least you're not getting into areas where your carrier signal is completely absent. But it still might be poor in some areas. What happens if you tap the battery graph--do you get a fullscreen graph with a Cell Signal Strength indicator bar at the bottom?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-04-2016 01:16 PM
    The Lookout security app should I keep it or should I disable it IDK is it a good app that prevents bad apps from loading

01-04-2016 01:18 PM
    No my phone is unable to do that I'm sorry

01-04-2016 01:29 PM
    And should I unistall smart manager too? I have a quick question. Thoe should I keep Knox protection on or off or does it waste my battery and it performs the Samsung software bad? And should I sign up for the Lookout protection app or just forget about it?

01-04-2016 01:31 PM
    Should I keep Lookout as a device manager or just keep it off and just use nova launcher ? Out of all of these managers which one should I keep as my manager

Attached Thumbnails Samsung Galaxy Prime Questions from New User-138.jpg  
    01-04-2016 03:10 PM
    Here how Lookout looks

Attached Thumbnails Samsung Galaxy Prime Questions from New User-137.jpg  
    01-04-2016 03:10 PM
    @Kevin Christoff:

Please, read this - why Cheetah Mobile is so bad:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho....php?p=4435166

...and this - why RAM cleaners/manager/task killers, etc are BAD:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho....php?p=4655557

...and this information on how Android handles multitasking, processes, RAM, etc automatically for you. Post by one of the authors of Android:

http://android-developers.blogspot.c...d-way.html?m=1

...and this if you have time to read a long thread full of good information by some very smart people. The Truth is in this:

http://androidforums.com/index.php?posts/6857986

...and this - my Simple Rules:

http://androidforums.com/index.php?posts/7082731
    01-04-2016 05:43 PM
    Guys I heard the smart manager is crap and you don't need it and that it only waste battery he do you disable Smart Manager? Or unistall it I don't want it on my phone because I heard that it waste battery and it's crap because it's like clean master.

01-04-2016 05:44 PM
    Guys does this mess up anything on my Samsung? It's a service for nova launcher does it cause it to go slow or its fine and does it drain battery if it drains battery could you guys tell me please here's a picture of it

Attached Thumbnails Samsung Galaxy Prime Questions from New User-151.jpg  
    01-04-2016 06:58 PM
    Hello! This is the setting in Nova launcher that allows nova to pull down your notification shade. So if you are using Nova, you should keep this enabled so that the launcher can do its job.
    01-04-2016 07:15 PM
    1. Should I keep the smart manager app does it help your phone or is it just like clean master it makes your phone slow?

2. How do you disable Smart Manager or at least how do u make it stop working?

01-05-2016 12:08 AM
    Guys I have a Samsung grand prime and I'm trying to find out how to make your screen go to sleep? Is their a way you can do that or does it do it automatically when u shut your phone screen?

01-05-2016 12:14 AM
    How is my battery life 1-10

Attached Thumbnails Samsung Galaxy Prime Questions from New User-162.jpg  
    01-05-2016 12:31 AM
    Here a graph of my battery life how good is it

Attached Thumbnails Samsung Galaxy Prime Questions from New User-162.jpg  
    01-05-2016 12:32 AM
    Is the percentage of my screen on time bad it's 29% and I've been on it for 5 hours

Attached Thumbnails Samsung Galaxy Prime Questions from New User-163.jpg  
    01-05-2016 12:36 AM
    5+ hrs screen on time is good for most phones. Is this the s6?
    01-05-2016 12:42 AM
    01-05-2016 02:28 AM
    Hi, in your settings menu, under display do you have anything that indicates "sleep" or "display time out" I'm not too familiar with the settings menu of the Prime, but I would imagine it would be in there somewhere.
    01-05-2016 02:34 AM
    If the phone's own battery graph doesn't show you the cell signal strength, you could install GSam Battery Monitor, which does.

Is Smart Manager a Samsung preinstalled app? If so, you can't remove it. I don't know much about Knox, so I can't comment on how it affects battery and overall performance. If Lookout was preinstalled, you also won't be able to uninstall this app either--but Lookout has a free version and a paid version, and there's generally no need to get the paid version. The free version has basic antivirus scanning abilities and a couple of other features. On my wife's Note5, I have it set only to scan apps when they're installed, but turn off the scheduled scans (since I feel that scheduled scans don't add anything to your security).
    01-05-2016 02:37 AM
    Here's info on Smart Manager: What is the Smart Manager application on my Samsung Galaxy S6, and how do I use it?. It looks like it still has some useful functions (like giving you easy access to power saving modes and freeing up storage space). The "Manage RAM" part will be like Clean Master, and should be avoided.

If it can be disabled, you'd have to go to the App Manager, select Smart Manager, and look for the Disable button. If a Disable button isn't available, then the app can't be disabled--this can be the case for certain preinstalled apps.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-05-2016 02:58 AM
279 12345 ...