Samsung Galaxy Prime Questions from New User

Kevin Christof

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
So I called my sister phone and put my phone together with hers and put it on speaker and it both started making weird noises when I talked into it why is that? And could you potentially break your phone by doing that or is it fine because I don't want my phone to break thankyou .

So I've been thinking about restricting backround data on my Samsung grand prime but does it mess up anything I heard it saves battery on your phone is that true? Could you guys specify what it does and tell me if it saves battery thankyou and should I turn it on or leave it off

Guys I've been using this sunglasses lens cleaner to clean my phone screen / camera I'm wondering is it safe to use that and am I still able to use it ? It's a sunglasses lens cleaner and it comes with a spray and a cloth and i spray the spray on my phone and camera and wipe it could you guys tell me if its same to use ?

So my Samsung grand prime has been dying quite fast lately I've been using it at 3:04 pm on 97% and by 3:49-3:50pm it was on 91%-90% and I didn't even do much stuff I just went on the Internet and in the setting and on some built in phone apps from my carrier and the battery just goes down could you guys tell me if its going down normal or if its going down to fast thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

treetopsranch

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: Help on cleaning phone screen / camera lens

I believe that the phone camera lenses are plastic so check to see if your fluid is safe for that. Also use a micro cloth not just any old cloth.

PapaGary

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Help on cleaning phone screen / camera lens

Rather than spraying it directly on the phone I would spray a little on a cloth (micro fiber is probably best) and wipe the phone with it. That way you are less likely to get fluid into places where it should not go.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Need help with restricting backround data

It does save battery power by reducing data transfers that normally happen in the background. With the option turned on, things like email notices, weather alerts, and any other notices that come through via background process will no longer happen. You'd have to open the individual apps you wish to check to see any online updates from them. It also has the potential to save some on your data plan because of this as well.

With that in mind, whether or not you should use it depends on your tastes and what you're willing to sacrifice. I want my background apps to sync when they are set to do so (and there's often an option to adjust this in the apps so it's not an all or nothing thing), and I'm usually not worried about battery power.

Kevin Christof

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Samsung grand prime device dying fast help !

So my Samsung grand prime has been dying quite fast lately I've been using it at 3:04 pm on 97% and by 3:49-3:50pm it was on 91%-90% and I didn't even do much stuff I just went on the Internet and in the setting and on some built in phone apps from my carrier and the battery just goes down could you guys tell me if its going down normal or if its going down to fast thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung grand prime device dying fast help !

Welcome to Android Central! Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

Happy New Year!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Doesn't seem too bad, but more details would be helpful, as outlined in my previous post.

Tap the Cell Standby section and show us that screen. That's a pretty high number, and suggests poor cell signal (which can drain battery).

Also tap Screen and show us that readout. How long has the screen been on?

Kevin Christof

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Sir this is my battery life is their anything wrong with it?

And all the things in the battery usage lead up to 25% but my battery is on 66% isn't it supposed to be on like 75% I don't get it please help

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 647.jpg
    647.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 646.jpg
    646.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 30

Kevin Christof

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Can I turn off VolLTE on my samsung

Hello guys I ha email a Samsung grand prime and I'm wondering if I turn off VolLTE on my device will it cause damage on my phone or is it fine if I do and what does VolLTE do anyways?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Sorry, but my initial suggestion was to use the phone until the battery level is down to 20-30%, not down by 20-30%. Use it until the battery readout is at 20-30%. It's much more useful to see the stats after you've used the battery for almost a full charge.

Kevin Christof

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Is my ping good and is lower bettter

Guys is my ping good I really don't understand it much is lower better or is higher better and my ping is 38 is that good and how good is my download and upload speed?

Attachments

• 96.jpg
    96.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 15

Kevin Christof

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys I'm wondering do I need to use GPS / WIFI / Mobile data as my location services can I just use mobile data / WiFi or is their a difference between them ? Like on snpachat you can add filters of pictures you take of where your at like the mall etc could use WiFi and mobile data as your location for that or do you need to include GPS too

Should I keep nova launcher as my device administrator or should I not I have it on right now and I'm trying to wonder does it waste battery or is it fine to keep it as my administrator

Kevin Christof

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Here the battery on my device it's on 26% And this is how much it drains how bad is it?

Screen time

Usage on apps

Here the graph percentage

How bad is my phone battery is it dying fine or is it too fast

Attachments

• 108.jpg
    108.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 22
  • 110.jpg
    110.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 109.jpg
    109.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 18

Kevin Christof

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Is the battery life on my Samsung grand prime good or is it dying to fast this is the graph of my battery

Here the percentage of my screen

Attachments

• 119.jpg
    119.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 120.jpg
    120.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 16

Kevin Christof

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
How is the battery life on my Samsung grand prime

My button on my Samsung grand prime is slightly a bit loose is that normal? It's not very loose but it's just a tiny bit is it normal for my Samsung grand prime to have that or no

Attachments

• 121.jpg
    121.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 122.jpg
    122.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 15

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads