Samsung Galaxy Prime Questions from New User

Kevin Christof

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
So I called my sister phone and put my phone together with hers and put it on speaker and it both started making weird noises when I talked into it why is that? And could you potentially break your phone by doing that or is it fine because I don't want my phone to break thankyou .

So I've been thinking about restricting backround data on my Samsung grand prime but does it mess up anything I heard it saves battery on your phone is that true? Could you guys specify what it does and tell me if it saves battery thankyou and should I turn it on or leave it off

Guys I've been using this sunglasses lens cleaner to clean my phone screen / camera I'm wondering is it safe to use that and am I still able to use it ? It's a sunglasses lens cleaner and it comes with a spray and a cloth and i spray the spray on my phone and camera and wipe it could you guys tell me if its same to use ?

So my Samsung grand prime has been dying quite fast lately I've been using it at 3:04 pm on 97% and by 3:49-3:50pm it was on 91%-90% and I didn't even do much stuff I just went on the Internet and in the setting and on some built in phone apps from my carrier and the battery just goes down could you guys tell me if its going down normal or if its going down to fast thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Kevin Christof

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
What do you mean have it in storage

Oh and I read the article I'm not really much of an expert on phones so I didn't get it that much lol all I know is when my phone hits 40% charge it to 100% everyday and that means that my battery would last longer am I right

Posted via the Android Central App

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
What do you mean have it in storage

Like if you know you'll be out of service and not needing it for several days, or if you upgrade but wish to keep it as a backup phone.

And you got it on charging. There's a ton of info on battery care, and I learned most of it via the electric RC hobby. Their batteries are chemically similar to a phone, so much of their info applies to phones as well. The stuff that doesn't would be overkill to phone users.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
By storage, Mooncatt means if you're not going to use the battery for quite some time and plan to store it some place like in your drawer or cabinet. In general, it's recommended to store a battery at a charge level of around 50% (not 100%). That'll keep the battery fresh for longer.

Kevin Christof

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Oh alright so like when you get it in the stores they usually have it at 40% when you get it... so if I was going to store my phone for awhile and not use it I should store it at 40% right or 50%

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes. On a related note, batteries self discharge slowly over time. Even if you completely removed the battery from the phone, it will still have a tiny amount of drain. A 50% charge will easily get you 6 months storage life with a healthy battery at room temperature. You could potentially store it a year or more without boosting it back up. You would need to check it once or twice a year to make sure it hasn't self discharged below about 40%, otherwise you risk not only shortening the battery life, but also discharging so low that it simply won't accept a charge at all.

Kevin Christof

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Oh I see what ur talking about now anything above 40% is good but anything above 50% is bad or below 40% is bad so I get it now if I'm not gonna use my phone for months I should charge it till 50% and keep it at room temp (am I right ) tell me if I am please :)

2. And when I charge my phone right when it hits 40% I should charge it and let it go to 100% and that's how I should keep charging it ( am I right ) tell me if I am please :)

And when your charging your phone from 40% to 100% are you able to play games while charging it or should you just leave it alone and let it charge?

Kevin Christof

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Who does Google play services waste more battery then everything else on my phone? ?? It's so weird how do u fix this issue it's really bothering me

Here is a picture more in eepth

Attachments

• 134.jpg
    134.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 135.jpg
    135.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 10

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
You're right on the first two points. Gaming while it's plugged in is debatable. I'll do it sometimes, knowing that it'll heat up the battery more than just about anything else. I haven't had any problems with it myself. If I get a high temp warning, then I'll shut the game off, which rarely happens in the first place. I also use phones with removable batteries so it's not a big concern if it goes bad. When I used a phone without a removable battery, then I did baby it more and avoided gaming while charging just in case.

Kevin Christof

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
If you guys were to rate my battery usage today what would you rate it?

Here what I used

Here is Snap chat 15% battery use more in depth

Here is my screen on time :) how is my battery today 1-10

Attachments

• 142.jpg
    142.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 143.jpg
    143.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 144.jpg
    144.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 145.jpg
    145.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 12

Kevin Christof

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Question about using phone flashlight

Guys if you use your phone flashlight to much could it dim out and not be that bright anymore or will it still be fine send work properly

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That battery life isn't too bad, since it seems that you've also had GPS on as well (listed in the Snapchat details). The GPS radio can use a fair amount of battery. Unless I need precise location, I usually turn the system's Location settings to Battery Saving (in Settings>Location), which relies on the cell signal and wifi signal for estimating location, not the GPS radio.

Don't stress about Google Play Services. It does a lot of important things related to all of the various Google functions on the phone (like the Google search app, Google Play Store, Gmail, Google Calendar, etc.). Think of it as part of the system.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Question about using phone flashlight

The flashlight is the camera's LED flash. LED's are very long-lasting, and shouldn't really dim in the normal lifetime of your phone. But like any component, there's always the small possibility of failure or defect.

Kevin Christof

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
So it could have issues but it would never dim or go short ?

Using the battery saver location does it give u about the same as using GPS?

Guys I'm trying to find out do 3rd party bass booster app help your phone bass get boosted or is it just a lie that doesn't work

Kevin Christof

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
How Good Is My Ping / My download speed / my upload speed

Guys I'm trying to know if I have a good ping is it true the lower the ping the better it is ? My Ping is 38 is that good if it is how good is it and how good is my download and upload speed I did the speed test and here are my results please tell me how good is it

Attachments

• 195.jpg
    195.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 11

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrystalLewis