I just ordered a Xiaomi Mi Pad 2, but then realized that it probably doesn't come with the 110v charger plug for North America.

It says the charger/data interface is reversible USB 3.0.

Can anyone suggest what I should do? Should I order a charger with 110v plug? Does USB 3.0 work only with a charger specifically designed for it, or will it work with a spare charger from one of my previous devices?

Is there something else I need to know such as what I should look for to not damage the device while charging? (e.g. is it ok to use a Blackberry or Asus charger to charge Mi Pad 2?)

Thank you.
    01-05-2016 08:41 AM
    I just ordered a Xiaomi Mi Pad 2, but then realized that it probably doesn't come with the 110v charger plug for North America.

It says the charger/data interface is reversible USB 3.0.

Can anyone suggest what I should do? Should I order a charger with 110v plug? Does USB 3.0 work only with a charger specifically designed for it, or will it work with a spare charger from one of my previous devices?

Is there something else I need to know such as what I should look for to not damage the device while charging? (e.g. is it ok to use a Blackberry or Asus charger to charge Mi Pad 2?)

Thank you.
    You can get an adapter
    01-05-2016 08:43 AM
    Thank you.

I am the OP.

It seems like getting an adapter is an option. But it will be a bit bulky and sticking out from the wall.
    If there is a native 110v plug charger that I can use, I would prefer to do that.
    Besides I will need to order something even if I use an adapter as you suggest, anyway.
    01-05-2016 09:07 AM