2-3 days ago, I found this random app called "ROSE" with an image of a rose, it doesnt show up in the app list, only when in setting, app manager. Its 477MB and when you look at the permissions, it says "can modify/delete the contents of your SD card, read SD card, full access to networks, prevent from sleeping and change audio.
    I never installed this app and cant find anything about it online! ROSE version 0.1.7 - Now tonight my phone did a full factory reboot ON ITS OWN. Not sure its related.
    Anyone seen this app??? HELP!
    01-06-2016 02:04 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which device do you have? That sure sounds suspicious. 477 MB is pretty big as well. Did the phone do a full factory reset, making you go through the Setup Wizard again? And did that Rose app still appear in the App list?

Try another factory reset, but this time, go to Settings>Backup & Reset​ first, and uncheck Automatically Restore. Then do the factory reset, go through the Setup Wizard again, and then go immediately to the Play Store and stop any app from installing automatically. Is Rose still there?
    01-06-2016 03:45 AM
    Samsung S6 Edge. Yes it did a full factory reset on its own and I had to go through the wizard again. ROSE app is gone, but their is something called "RoseEUKor" with an Android logo next to it, so guessing that's legit?

See attached for screenshots of ROSE app.

Have you seen this app before? I can't find it anywhere online, not in the play store, search, etc...
    Attached Thumbnails Has anyone found a new app on their phone called ROSE? PHONE re-formatted on its own!-screenshot_2016-01-05-00-05-18.jpg   Has anyone found a new app on their phone called ROSE? PHONE re-formatted on its own!-screenshot_2016-01-05-00-05-14.jpg  
    01-06-2016 07:18 AM
    Diddy - any thoughts? Isn't it strange (frightening) that this Android app was on my phone, it doesnt exist in the Play Store and you can't find anything about it when searching?
    01-06-2016 05:47 PM
    RoseEUKor is apparently a preinstalled system font file, so I don't think that's a problem. What is this in system file? | Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000. But I'm not sure that's related to the Rose app you posted the screenshot about. A font should not be 447 MB in size.

If that Rose app is gone, just keep using your phone normally, but stay vigilant to see if it reappears. Check your App Manager every few days.
    01-07-2016 02:08 AM
    Did you get a Gear VR recently? I believe this is media from Oculus.
    01-26-2016 10:31 AM