Why is it so difficult to transfer music to my SD card?

A

AC Question

OK, I'm a former iPhone user. I'm beginning to miss my iPhone with an aching heart. It is SO user friendly compared to my Samsung Galaxy S4. You plug the iPhone in, you hit the sync button in iTunes, and voila! You have a phone full of music that doubles as an mp3 player. However, with my Samsung Galaxy, this does not seem to be possible. I have a MacBook. When I first got my Galaxy, I installed an external memory card with 128 GBs of space (the main reason for leaving iPhone in the first place was to have expandable memory). I have about 32 GB of music. I plugged the phone into the Mac, installed Android Transfer program onto my computer, and was able to drag and drop music files to the SD card. Now, just 4 months later, the computer gives me constant errors of "unable to access files" or "there is no android device plugged into your computer." My phone also gives me a message that the cord I'm using is not the one that came with the phone, even though it is.

In a desperate attempt to avoid using the cord at all, I tried Airdroid, installing it onto my phone and computer. At first, that seemed like it was going to work. I was able to drag and drop several songs onto the phone. However, you cannot put them into a specific location. Every time I click on the songs in the download folder of the phone, it gives me an option to Move To, but I click the music folder in my SD card where I want it to go, and it doesn't do anything. The songs just sit there in the download folder of the Airdroid app. They are basically inaccessible there. Am I doing something wrong? PLEASE HELP!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae