Why do my artist name, album, album number disappear when I transfer my music to my pc.

A

AC Question

Phone: Galaxy S6 (so no SD-card)
App used to edit music files: Backplayer Music Player

Most of the time I copy music directly to my smartphone using the usb cable where I then edit the files using the App stated above.

Then I wanted to copy the music files from my Samsung to my pc.
(again using an usb cable and windows explorer)
But when I did this the copied files had none of the artist names, albums, or album numbers.

It works the other way around but I really don't want to re'eddit every singel mp3 file.

Thanks already.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Were these music files originally on your computer, and you want to transfer them back? Or did you download them from some other online source?

LittleGiant123

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
(made a profile while I'm at it)
Apart from 5 of 6 files that where downloaded from a website using my phone. So they where originally on my laptop and I want to copy them back in a different map so I have the artist name, album etc on my pc.

So nearly all the music files where downloaded on my pc then copied to my smartphone. Where I edited in the extra info. And I want to copy them back to my pc.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, and the music files had the proper metadata when you first downloaded them to the computer, but then lost that metadata after you edited it with that Backplayer app? If so, then it's probably an issue with how Backplayer modifies the files. You could test it out by transferring an intact music file from the PC to the phone, and then copy it back to the PC again without editing it. Does the metadata remain intact?

LittleGiant123

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
It did not yet have the proper mettadata.
It was dowloaded from youtube because I'm broke.
I added the mettadata on my phone.
Does it not acttually add the info properly to the file?

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Maybe it's a problem with the Backplayer app. I'd use something proven like MediaMonkey or Windows Media Player on your PC to add the metadata.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm