i have an LG G4 bought a month ago

I have a 32Gb SD Card, Mounted, Erased, Re-mounted....

When I go into File Manager, there is no "Move" Option in the task bar at the bottom of the screen when selecting the 'photos' or any other 'folder'.

There is also no "Select All" option when inside a Folder, which on many tutorials I have read display?

Also, when I go into the SD Card there is a "Move" option in the task bar.

Currently all of my photos are saving to SD Card, as my phone is full however I want to clean-out my phone, but cant move these files.

Tried a few things, read lots of threads and completely stumped?

Any help much appreciated, Simon.
    01-07-2016 03:59 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Are you sure you're selecting an actual directory, or is it a generic Photos selection that actually aggregates photos from different directories on the phone's storage? Some file managers are like that. Instead of selecting the "Photos" folder, navigate to the /DCIM directory, and long-press the /DCIM/Camera directory. Do you get a Copy option?

When you're within a directory, you'd probably have to long-press a file first before a Select All option appeared, and even then, not every file manager will have this option.

Moving files around will probably be easier if you connect the phone to your computer instead, and use Windows Explorer to drag and drop.
    01-07-2016 04:33 PM
    To move a file, you select the file, then go to the place you want to move it to, and Move should show up. (You can't move it from where it is to where it is.)

I suggest, however, that you copy, not move. IF a move corrupts, you lose the file. If a copy corrupts, you delete the corrupted copy and do the copy again. Then, when you have a good copy, delete the original. More work, but if you value your data, that's how you should do it. (You should also have backups of anything you don't want to lose, so if you just want to free up space, delete files, You can always restore them from the backups. And keep at least 2 backups, one on a computer and one on a cloud account, or on two cloud accounts. That way, even if one of your backups goes bad, you still have one.)
    B. Diddy likes this.
    01-09-2016 01:31 AM