I have been a long time user of Snapchat and I have had no prior issues with it, yet for an unknown reason since an update around 17th December 2015 I could not use it anymore on my Samsung Galaxy S5 with Android 5.0 updated to the newest possible version.

Whenever I start up Snapchat I am redirected to a page that displays error information, that Snapchat is supported on devices with Android 4.1 or higher, as well as users of Samsung Galaxy phones with Android 5.0 ofter experience issues.

I guess I fall into the second category, yet I have had none prior to that and now the only issue I get is me being redirected to a website instead of being able to actually use the application.

In order to fix that issue I have tried:
    updating my phone to the newest version
    reinstalling Snapchat
    clearing cache (via the settings and via pre-boot options)
    clearing Snapchat data
    None of the methods above alleviated the problem.

Is this behaviour planned? What can I do to fix it and begin using Snapchat as I did before?
    01-08-2016 04:46 PM
    It sounds as if the current version of Snapchat may have a bug that's causing it to try to access a page that doesn't exist, or that has an error (knowing the error message would help us diagnose it). Emailing support@snapchat.com may be of some help.
    01-08-2016 05:11 PM
    That's the page that I'm getting redirected onto when launching Snapchat: https:// support. snapchat. com/a/android-not-supported (I had to include spaces after dots, because I am not yet allowed to post links)

I've searched through the Internet looking for other instances of this problem and found none. It seems like other S5 users don't have said issue, but I may be wrong.

I forgot to mention it - I emailed them at that specific address you included in the post and I got an instant response that they cannot look through my issue and simply gave me a cold shoulder. The same happened when I tried reporting an issue via a form on their support page and got the same email seconds after submitting that issue. It seems like they do not really care about users having issues.
    01-08-2016 05:27 PM
    As the page says, some Galaxy devices on Lollipop are having issues.

Considering their response, I'd look for a different app. (Compare that to Otterbox - if the case is out of warranty, and they still have any left in stock, they'll replace your defective one under warranty.) I deal with the good guys and keep mentioning the bad guys so others don't have to find out how bad they are for themselves. (I've turned down requests for reviews of products that were made by companies that consider customer support an unnecessary expense. And if I review it, I get to keep it - but I still won't deal with them.)

I know Snapchat is difficult to replace, but if enough people stop using them, maybe their revenues will drop enough for them to wonder why. We have to hit some of these companies iin the wallet to get their attention. ("Sorry, but at the present time, we don't have a fix for your phone" is an acceptable response - it can take months to find a software bug. "Go away - don't bother us"? NEVER acceptable, even for a free app. One of the reasons I won't write Android apps is because I don't have time to support one.)
    01-08-2016 06:03 PM
    Same issue here. Just got an update for the app on Google Play and the same problem. Tried uninstalling and same result. Confirmed on newer version so guess Snapchat arent bothering fixing it

Weird as they acknowledged there is an issue with some S5's on 5.0 (quite alot on Google Play reviews having same issue) yet havent bothered to fix it? Seems odd
    01-19-2016 01:14 PM