Hi all,

I've been having some problems with my LG G2 since I got the Lollipop 5.0 update. I have gotten the 5.1 update but that didn't do anything for me. When I plug my phone into the original charger, it says it's charging but the percentage doesn't go up (it actually goes down) and the red LED doesn't come on at all. I've tried soft resetting and such but it hasn't done anything. Also, when I turn my phone off to charge, it turns back on by itself as soon as it's plugged in. And I'm not referring to just the LG screen. It turns FULLY on and refuses to stay off. Please help! I've replaced the charger multiple times. I really don't want to do a hard factory reset, but if that's my only option, then I'll have to. The main problem is getting it to charge to the required 30%. And even then, what are the chances it would fix my problem?

Thank you!
    01-08-2016 11:06 PM
    The problem here is that it could be a firmware problem and it could be a hardware problem, and we can't tell remotely. If you back the phone up (see Backing up an Android Device) and do a factory reset and it doesn't help, you'll have to bring it in for repair. (And you'd have to back it up anyway, because they'll wipe it, so backing it up isn't wasted.)
    01-09-2016 12:36 AM