whatsapp on wifi only android tablet.

SSoffe

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I have tried several ways to do this following instructions I found online but I get so far but it always falls down at the putting in of the number for your whatsapp, if I give my mobile number then whatsapp ceases to work on my mobile. I need to be able to send and receive messages on both mobile and tablet. I understand it can be done but I am not an expert and must be doing something wrong. Any help would be great in easy to follow instructions! Thanks.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Whatsapp can only use one number device and one device per number. You can get a second number for the tablet, or have one OR the other connected, but you can't have 2 devices connected to the same number at the same time.

SSoffe

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
Thankyou. I used to have an active sim in my other tablet, note 10.1 but am now using note 12.2 with no sim slot, so I do have a sim that I'm paying for but don't have a device to put it in, do you think it possible that I could use that number even tho the sim is sitting in the box, but I'm paying for it? I have a deal here in Spain that gives me 2 lines 2 numbers but of course the one for the tablet is not being used. Anyone else have any ideas. Thanks in advance.

Posted via the Android Central App