Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Apps worth paying for?

So I just received a promotional gift of £50 Google Play Credit for buying my Nexus 6P a while back. Struggling to see any apps worth using the money on in the Store but may just be blinkered after years of using free versions.

Any advice on where to spend this credit? Movies/books are a no go as I Netflix everything anyway.

Cheers in advance for any advice.

Default Re: Apps worth paying for?

Hi, welcome to the forums! That will depend on your preferences. I will start for Nova Prime, Zooper Widgets and a couple of icon packs.

I use my credits for gems a lot in Clash of Clans. Nova Prime is a must. I also go out of my way to support developers on the apps I use, sometimes even if I don't even need the extra features.

Most of my money on Play comes from Google Opinion Rewards ... another must have app. Oh, if you like GTA grab it. I had some extra credits and tried it out, I think it was $5 or something. Well worth it though. Was really shocked how awesome it is.

I actually got Nova Prime when it was 10p around Xmas. Zooper widget I already have also from a long time back. Thanks for the suggestions anyway.

Posted via the Android Central App
    chadwick108 likes this.

Man, I wish you good luck with shopping. In my Android life I've spent over $1000 so far (my currency, today 1/4 usd but it was 1/1 someday in the past unfortunately), 219 items purchased, so many good stuff. Use the app drippler to browse good stuff. Apps worth paying for?-1452366982076.jpg

If your into gaming I would say https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...yark.implosion
    One time buy and NO IAP'S after that and awesome game play
    sly254 likes this.

Hitman sniper has been occupying my time lately. Universal remote is great if you're into playing media from a laptop to a TV. It's also great for devices with or without an ir blaster.

+1 for nova launcher. Backdrops is a great app for wallpapers (they have a wallpaper of the day which is nice). Weather timeline if you care about the weather. There's so many icon packs, too many to name, but a few I personally like are cornie, evo and immaterialis. Light flow too if you want to control the 6p led.

rda1991 likes this.

Nova Prime is definitely worth the money, as is Nine for Exchange email client. Both of these apps I consider as essentials on any device I use.
    mystiphi likes this.

Solid explorer. dont have to put up with ugly and featureless file manager apps. ES explorer is the popular but they are not totally material and filled with bloatware.

Localcast,light flow

Apps I've paid for:

Plex
    JuiceSSH
    Darker Screen Filter
    Rotation Manager
    Moon+ Reader Pro
    OS Monitor
    Solid Explorer
    TurboScan
    Tasker
    A Better Camera
    ElectroDroid

Nova Launcher Prime, Asteroid Defense (paid version), Framed, Age of Zombies, (these next 3 games play excellent with a Moga controller) Tomb Raider, Oddworlds' Strangers Wrath, and Munch's Odyssey, and these icon packs: Balx, Retrorika, Imaterialis, Proton-S, Stealth, Vintage, Pulse, or ANY icon pack from Stealthychief, or some from PhunktasticDesigns and Sikebo, a subscription to Play music, MySMS text app which has the best features of any text app I've seen for simplicity, customization and reply options, can work on your PC, tablet, or phone and its free if you just want it on your phone. Has everything you need in a text app and works excellent with Android Wear all while not missing a single feature. And maybe a couple good movies, books or graphic novels (like The Walking Dead compendiums 1, 2, & 3) course when I bought the first two compendiums they were only $5 and $8. Anyways, just examples- good luck

Posted via the GS6 Active, aka GS6 M.E. (Manly Edition)
    droidXclone likes this.

Allcast and Poweramp are pretty good especially if u have a Chromecast... Allcast is my goto

Posted via a nexus

Tasker for me is a great app.

I wonder if illiterate people get the full effect of alphabet soup
    Rukbat likes this.

The Room
    The Room 2
    The Room 3 (slated to be released within the week)
    Monument Valley
    The Silent Age (IAP for episode 2 - worth it)

Action Launcher 3 (Pro + Donate)
    Nova Launcher Prime
    Smart Launcher 3 Pro
    (All are worth it)
    Tapet Premium
    Tasker
    Textra Pro

Do you listen to podcasts? PocketCasts is an app I use several times a day.

Do you use swiftkey? I try to buy a theme every few months just to support the developer a bit.

AccuWeather Platinum. It's the best weather app and I love it more with no ads.

+1 for Nova Prime

Also, a good password manager. I like mSecure, but there's another one that people here mention a lot - Last Pass, I think.

Paid for Nine. Definitely worth it if you want to put your work email on your phone. But my company made us switch to Airwatch. :/

Paid to get rid of ads in games like Words With Friends and tools like Ampere. Ends up being worth it.

Paid for AccuWeather and Pocket Casts.

With apps like Google Opinion Rewards and bonus offers from Chromecast, it makes it easy to kick a few bucks to developers that make apps you use on a daily basis.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

PowerAmp, Nova Prime, and Tasker

Quote Originally Posted by kitkatpaintjob View Post
    Allcast and Poweramp are pretty good especially if u have a Chromecast... Allcast is my goto

Posted via a nexus
    These are the two best apps on the playstore! For the wireless users(chromecast and Bluetooth power user right here!)!

Digitally assigned space taken up by my Chromebook, M9 or N9 <(•.•)>

PowerAmp

My essential paid apps.

1Weather
    Action Launcher 3 + Donate
    Falcon Pro
    Launcher X
    Moon+ Reader Pro
    Nova Launcher Prime
    Pocket Casts
    Scanner Radio Pro
    TuneIn Radio Pro
    Zooper Widget Pro

These paid apps are always on my devices.

Carrier
    6.7.2233 ICS leak

My essentials are: Sync for reddit Pro, Weather Timeline, Pocket Casts, Today Calendar Pro, Fenix for Twitter, and Nova Launcher Prime

Action Launcher, Pocket Casts, Falcon Pro 3 for Twitter (make sure you can get a token though). Also, if you drive a decent bit, you might find AutoMate useful (the premium version is an in-app purchase, I believe).
+ Reply
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast