Forgot Emergency Backup Pin Note 4

A

AC Question

I'm in a bind and I don't know what to do. My sister had gotten my phone to try and get into it. She failed my pattern 5 times and then proceeded to guess my pin. A message popped up on the phone saying it would factory reset if another missed attempt was made. I have 1 attempt and I don't remember my emergency backup pin.

I've searched all over for places to try and fix this because my can't afford to factory reset and lose a year's worth of notes. I know I should have backed things up, but I never thought I'd be in this situation with someone else locking me out of my own phone.

I've tried going to my google account and using the android device manager and the device does not link. I don't have a samsung account to remotely unlock the device either.

What I was wondering is if there is any way to fix this. Can Samsung or android offer a solution? I'm the owner of the phone and google account holder and am willing to provide any info they might need if there is any kind of verification process I can go through. I have 2 step verify on my google account and I was wondering if one of the google recovery codes can be used on an android phone as well if you're locked out (although I think it's the phone's code, not a google code or password it's asking about).

If anyone can give me answers or help me out in any way I'd appreciate it. I've been trying to trouble shoot this for about 3 hours because I need to get into my phone and can't afford to factory reset and lose everything. I know my swipe pattern, I've turned off the phone and left it idle for an hour and a half hoping it would revert back to a swipe code. Is this still a possibility as well?

GOATTB12

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
Hi,
Surprised you haven't received a response. Just experienced the same thing with Note 3. Thankfully photos and notes are backed up, but plenty of data still exists on the phone. Something was on top of the phone while charging, and due to movement, the phone interpreted the motion as attempted unlock patterns. No option to recover with GMail was given, and the backup PIN won't work or I have the wrong one. 5 out of 10 attempts remaining till factory reset. Went to Verizon, Samsung, called Google, all no dice.
:-[

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Actually, I'm not that surprised that there hadn't been a response until yours, because this is a difficult situation without any real solution. It's why users really need to remember backup passwords/PINs--if you're prone to forgetting things like this, write them down and keep them some place secure at home, like a safe.