I'm getting my very first smartphone after owning dumb phones for 20+ years. I use Tracfone and I do not spend more than $100 per year for service. I wanted to try a new smartphone from the BYOP plan. I can tell you I'm not buying a $600 phone. I'm probably not buying a $300 phone either. I do not text with the exception of receiving sports coaches messages and maybe a "Hi how are you?" to my kids/wife. I do not intend to do very much internet with the exception of while hanging around during sports practices.

My only real requirement is a large screen due to eyesight. I would like something 5" at a minimum, 5.5" better. 6" sounds great, but I'm wondering it that will fit in my pants pocket.

So some of the phones I have been looking at have Kit Kat. Snapdragon 4XX vs 6XX or 8XX. Others have only 720p resolution. As a user of dumb phones, do I really care too much about how much technology I buy or will I be wowed just because I've never had something like this at all in the past?

Thanks for your thoughts.
    01-09-2016 11:31 PM
    If you only run basic apps and don't care about enhancements, then Android verisons don't really matter. But also keep in mind that phones especially on KitKat is older now, and also behind on security updates.

I picked up a Nexus 6 for $110 used a while back, a solid device if you are looking for a large phone at a low price tag. Though new it was $200 new on sale a few weeks ago . it is one generation old but should be kept up to date for a while
    Crashdamage likes this.
    01-09-2016 11:48 PM