I have Samsung Galaxy note 10.1 (2014 edition).

I have ebooks in tablet memory and also ebooks in SD-card.

When I take notes/write/highlight on books saved in the tablet memory, these changes can get saved when closing the program. When I do the same on books saved in the SD-card, these changes cannot be saved and I loose all the notes/highlighting taken.

I use the following programs to write on my ebooks:
    ezPDF Pro
    PDF MaxPro

Can anyone help? I can't find the answer to this problem. Thanks!
    01-11-2016 10:29 AM
    Problem is SD Card permissions in Android now (that should change with Marshmallow, though). The original OS that shipped with the Note 10.1 did allow for full SD Card access, but with the newest Android updates, security was improved and this meant that they took away some SD Card access from 3rd party apps.

Now, any app that is not part of the core system (stock apps), cannot have full SD card read/write privileges. 3rd party apps, like the ones you're using, can only read SD card contents but if they want to write to it, it can only be done to a folder they create in the card, and they can only modify files inside said folder. Since the books you have in your card are probably saved by you in a specific folder, the apps can read the contents of that folder but they won't have permission to modify the contents. You can root your tablet and apply a 'hack' to restore full SD Card permissions should you really need it, or wait for the Marshmallow update.
    01-11-2016 11:31 AM